“Really nice place”

Stella's Southern Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Stella's Southern Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 118 Restaurants in Simpsonville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Simpsonville, South Carolina
“Really nice place”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I took my wife to Stella's for her birthday. We got there a little early so had a drink at the bar while waiting for dinner service to begin at 5:30 pm. My wife enjoyed the "Simpsonville Lemonade."
The place has a very nice atmosphere, the food was excellent and the service was accommodating. Enjoyed the evening very much.
I had the shrimp and grits...which had a little spice to it. Really good. My wife had some special featuring a fish I'm not familiar with and beets. She thought it was very good! Prices are a bit high but well worth it.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank barleycorn1

Hebron, Connecticut
“What a great place!!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

We came to South Carolina to visit good friends. They took us to Stella's for dinner tonight. What a fabulous meal. The service was wonderful, the food was great. They believe in using local farms products and show them on a blackboard. What a great idea. I had the trout. It was delicious. My husband had the pork chop special and he loved it. Our friends who live in town found this place when they first opened. They had the shrimp and grits and the hangar steak special. They love this place and have been there many times for lunch and dinner. Our waiter, Gaelin, was excellent. He knew about the meals and was helpful with the wines.

I highly recommend this wonderful family friendly restaurant. A great local place that is rare in any community.

Visited July 2013
Tampa, Florida, USA
“Great Contemporary Southern Food”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

An out of the way location in a small strip center, reminds me of the original Mise en Place in Tampa. Great southern food with attentive service. Worth the trip from Greenville. Prices were reasonable.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank jhwwre
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Simpsonvilles best”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Very good food, a little crowded as to the tables, atmosphere pleasant, a little pricy. But altogether a good restaurant and good service. Simpsonville is a small town, but there is a lot to enjoy in it and the surrounding area. We visit regularly and this is a good non-chain restaurant; I think they make an effort to use local produce. Would recommend.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank AniKinTN
Greenville, South Carolina
“What a spectacular place to enjoy a fabulous dinner”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My wife and I enjoy dining at Stella's, because it is as fine a restaurant as any we have eaten in, in all our travels. From the minute you walk in you are welcomed by Jenna, the manager who is a beautiful person as well as being beautiful too. The staff makes you feel that you are a regular even if it's your first time eating there. The Chef-Owner Jason and our serves Mike B and Trey were delightful. Our drinks were so good, my wife had the raspberi cosmo and I had the olive martini both served perfectly. We shared the Salmon Gravlax which was bustling with wonderful flavors and enough for 2, my wife had the Trout special and I had the Duck special both were so good also with flavors that make your taste buds smile and a very nice portion. We shared the dessert sampler and it was a wonderful ending to a wonderful evening.
Stella's is a food experience that everyone should experience and enjoy. We highly reccomemed Stella's.

• Visited June 2013