“Wow!”
Review of Blue Marble Cafe & Bakery - CLOSED

Blue Marble Cafe & Bakery
Reviewed September 29, 2013

What a treat! Totally unexpected in a small southern town like Seneca. Although specializing in sandwiches and salads for lunches, the fare is fresh and superb! They also have freshly made pizza- also superb, not at all like the stuff you get in a chain store. Their bread and other baked goods are made early each morning, and are really good. Once again, WOW!!!

1  Thank Wells D

Reviewed September 25, 2013

They bake their bread. This, along with fresh and unique ingredients make their sandwiches fantastic! Try the Philly Porcetta, which is roast pork, provolone and broccoli rabe on ciabatta bread. It's only $8, and my wife and I share it. I usually also get a cup of tomato bisque to go with it, and I'm full! There is outdoor seating.
They do not accept credit cards, but hey, it's a lunch place, so no problem! The owner, Kimberly Hemby works the counter, and is very nice and helpful. Her staff check on you during your meal, so you feel welcome and well served. It's a gem of a place in a small town, try it!

1  Thank SCTravelerandskier
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The hot turkey sandwich was excellent, and made with fresh orange/cranberry bread! I would certainly order it again. My husband had a southern-style Rueben sandwich, which had good taste, but had fresh cabbage and no thousand island dressing on it so it was kind of dry. I am sure that if we had asked, they would have found some dressing for his sandwich, as they were more than accommodating to all the customers who stopped by when we were there. With each sandwich is a side dish, which comes in a plastic cup. The potato salad is dry and the cabbage in the cole slaw is made with big pieces of cabbage, which seems a bit odd.

It is so close to the main highway through Seneca, so well worth the 2 minutes to get off the beaten path and give the turkey sandwich a try! Next time in Seneca, I will visit there the first part of our visit so I can try some of their breads.

1  Thank Apple C
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Wonderful sandwiches (I had the Cuban), to die for homemade Ice Cream made fresh daily & the freshly baked goodies were heavenly. The staff was wonderful & seemed to know almost everyone that walked in & was very helpful to us newbies. Can't wait to come back!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I travel across South Carolina and have yet to find a better lunch/sandwich place in the entire state. I tried the portabella patty melt and it was incredible. I have always said that restaurants should never open or exist unless they do something great. They homemade bread is truly great. I just wish they would open one in columbia where I live.

1  Thank JackStrawSC