“quaint, unexpected dining spot 2 minutes off I-95”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Clark's Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santee
Clark's Inn
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Santee
Fishers, Indiana, United States
“quaint, unexpected dining spot 2 minutes off I-95”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

We had a delightful dinner a few days after Christmas, 2013, while staying at nearby Wyndham resort in support of three day visit to Charleston. Enjoyed gift shop browsing, looked into what seemed like an appealing bar with atmosphere, and then enjoyed a beautifully prepared, hot, tasty seafood dinner in the restaurant. Server was polite, had good recommendations, and was familiar with menu, Met folks who were going to stay at the Inn overnight after dinner and they had high expectations from own research. Definitely not a chain restaurant and we recommend others stop in.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank El A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Annapolis Royal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

There is a gorgeous bar which serves incredible fresh seafood and drinks naturally. I had such an incredible salmon meal cooked to perfection that I started to purr. My husband had an incredible shrimp meal. Both of the meals were accompanied w a lovely salad and rice. Because the atmosphere was so congenial we decided to spend the night. THe bar tender was spectacular as a host. The rooms were top notch and breakfast was included. The attention to detail was apparent through out the operation. At breakfast we learned that a second generation of the same family was still running the inn. Breakfast was especially good and the staff was
again very professional. There is a high end gift store and they were setting up for a buffet. We
would definitely make a point of stopping in there on our way down the coast as it was a sheer delight staying there and the food was stupendous.

Room Tip: top quality beds and accoutrement's that suggested good taste but the room rate was very reasona...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Smartestartist
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

we travel from Florida to Pennsylvania a couple of times a year. we always try to stop around Santee N.C. we found out about Clarks from a neighbor, have since told many friends and family to stay there. . great place to stay, great food also.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank STEPHEN E
Micanopy, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed at Clark's Inn before and have always had a very lovely stay. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. When you check in you get a card that is good for a complimentary full breakfast in their attached restaurant. Speaking if the restaurant, it is a must for dinner when staying at Clark's Inn. I see that not all of the reviews here have been positive, but we have always had a positive experience. I highly recommend staying here when passing through Santee, SC.

Stayed December 2013
DeLand, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

In the middle of I-95 madness is quiet class and genteel southern hospitality. Luxury for less. From comfy beds to scrumptious cooking you won't regret staying here.

Discounts for AAA and AARP. Included full breakfast. Have a drink in the evening by the fire or poolside. Enjoy a delicious dinner in their adjacent elegant restaurant.

We always plan a trip to stay a night there.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MAGGI H
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

Some of the people who said that the property was worn might have stayed here before the renovation. I know at least one of the reviewers stayed after the renovation, and I can only go by my own experience, but for a place to stay so close to the Interstate, this is a surprisingly pleasant place to stay, and we had no issues with a musty room, and I'm Asian and have a very sensitive nose and would notice this sort of thing right away. Lots of curb appeal and our room was very nice. The ambience was great--and no sticky plastic tablecloth--and the food at the restaurant wasn't great but it's not as if you can get that much better food elsewhere around here. They could improve on their free breakfast that comes with the room, but overall, for the price they charge, I think this is a very good deal and my husband and I intend to stay here every time we drive to and back from Florida. I recommend this place wholeheartedly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Booked 2 nights here & requested a mini fridge which was in our room when we arrived. Check in was fast. Only hitch was that both room cards didn't work & had to go back downstairs with suitcase to get new cards. The Inn had a bed & breakfast feel with books on the bookshelf in your room, chairs & tables around every corner & a great made to order breakfast in the restaurant. You get a card with 4 different choices on it. Tip not included. My favorite was 2 eggs made how you like, bacon or sausage, grits, hash browns, biscuit or toast & juice or coffee.
The only other issue I had was that the outlets in the room were worn out. My shaver & phone charger wouldn't stay in. Would stay here again though.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple