“A very good deal”
Review of Clark's Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santee
Clark's Inn
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Santee
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Some of the people who said that the property was worn might have stayed here before the renovation. I know at least one of the reviewers stayed after the renovation, and I can only go by my own experience, but for a place to stay so close to the Interstate, this is a surprisingly pleasant place to stay, and we had no issues with a musty room, and I'm Asian and have a very sensitive nose and would notice this sort of thing right away. Lots of curb appeal and our room was very nice. The ambience was great--and no sticky plastic tablecloth--and the food at the restaurant wasn't great but it's not as if you can get that much better food elsewhere around here. They could improve on their free breakfast that comes with the room, but overall, for the price they charge, I think this is a very good deal and my husband and I intend to stay here every time we drive to and back from Florida. I recommend this place wholeheartedly.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Clark's Inn

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Booked 2 nights here & requested a mini fridge which was in our room when we arrived. Check in was fast. Only hitch was that both room cards didn't work & had to go back downstairs with suitcase to get new cards. The Inn had a bed & breakfast feel with books on the bookshelf in your room, chairs & tables around every corner & a great made to order breakfast in the restaurant. You get a card with 4 different choices on it. Tip not included. My favorite was 2 eggs made how you like, bacon or sausage, grits, hash browns, biscuit or toast & juice or coffee.
The only other issue I had was that the outlets in the room were worn out. My shaver & phone charger wouldn't stay in. Would stay here again though.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2013

A golfing group stayed at Clark's Inn and it accommodated us very well. The room was typical motel-style -- but without a refrigerator. The hotel is ideally located near our golf courses, and our stay there was all it needed to be. Nothing special, but no problems, either.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed here in Mid - September, after having eaten at the Clark Family Restaurant. There was a room special attached to the menu, that offered a free cooked breakfast at the Restaurant. The outside of this property is beautiful, the inside has had a great deal of work, but old is old. As we checked in others were leaving because of the musty smell in there room, which we also had in ours. Having managed an aging property myself in the past, I admire their attempts to update this property, maybe a lower price would help customers over look the age of the property.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We chose to stay here based on Trip Advisor prices for other places to stay. It's location in regard to places to eat, gas, and access to interstate. It's quaint, older, and parts are charming. Restaurant was average, with very good service. It felt a bit stuffed shirt in comparison to our likings though. More for the Golfing community it felt. Had some housekeeping issues that were attended to by both the staff( of 1?) and myself. Office closes early. Never did find the pool.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Half way home from our annual trip to Florida, Clark's Inn is a welcome respite from the rigors of driving. Don't stop here if you want granite and neutrals...do stop here if you want the gentile comfort of a bye gone era. Comfy rooms with stocked bookcases, a great free breakfast, and a wonderful gift shop greet us each time we stop. The pleasant, helpful shopkeeper always helps my husband and me find a special reminder from our vacation. Meals in the welcoming dining room are consistantly good, and they are generous when pouring your favorite cocktail. Clark's must be a Mecca for golfers, as there are always several groups when we stop. Chairs outside the rooms provide a great place to watch the world go by...at a slower pace than 95!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Anne K
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Have eaten at the restaurant several times and decided to stay here for a night on recent trip to NY. The room was a bit dated (no fridge) but it was clean and beds were comfortable. Included in price was complete breakfast at restaurant next door which was excellent. Enjoyed this stop; pleasant change from the chain hotels. Even if one is not staying at the motel, consider going to the restaurant as the food and service are very good.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple