“Favorite Santee Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Santee
Austin, Texas
“Favorite Santee Hotel”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

With its clean and generously sized rooms, extensive hot breakfast, and friendly staff, the Best Western Plus - Santee is a good bet for an overnight stay or as a base for a golf or lake break. The hotel is family-owned and the staff really cares about your stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SVTraveller47

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
newport,nc
Reviewed August 20, 2012

very good motel, convenient off i-95 without traffic noise. rooms very clean, staff very friendly, breakfast good, came with room. price was excellent. have stayed twice. nice golf course behind motel.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 20, 2012

On our way home to Philadelphia, we had to stop at best western for overnight stay. My son wants to take a bath and he slipped in the bath tub, (very slippery!!) good thing my son did not hit his head. I called the front desk that night and the lady who answered the phone told me she cannot do anything about it, and that the shower mat was per request. She did not even asked how my son was! She told me she'll send somebody, waited for 1 hour, nobody came!! I went to the front desk for something and when I asked about it, she told me, the maintenance could not find any shower mat!! this clerk, was so rude, no empathy for others and does not even have courtesy to clients! It's just like you are having chest pain, you called for help, and she will let you die of heart attack!! Why not take a seminar? some enrichment programs to develop your skills? Or probably because Im of color that's why she doesn't care?!!

1 Thank maria d
Daytona Beach
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Great people at the desk, My room was very clean and had a good TV, Fridge & a microwave, They had a very good breakfast that included eggs, sausage and waffles plus all of the greatest pastries. The bed was a pillow top and I hated to get up in the morning it felt sooooo good.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Ronnie948
Florida
Reviewed August 15, 2012

This is the perfect place to stay when visiting the Santee area, or for an overnight stay when traveling on I-95. It's conveniently located near the highway, with it's own restaurant on the property, as well as several other places to eat nearby. The building is motel style and is very clean and tastefully decorated outside. The fact you can park you car outside your door is great if you are just spending the night and want quick access to your room.

Inside, the rooms are clean, they look newly decorated, with a refrigerator, flat screen television, and new pillow top mattresses which were very comfortable.

Although we didn't use it, the hotel does include an outdoor swimming pool which looked very inviting.

In the morning, the free "continental breakfast" included the usual muffins, coffee, etc, as well as hot eggs, sausage, and "make your own" waffles (one of my favorites).

Overall, this Best Western is a gem, and I would make it a point of staying there if I am ever passing through this area again.

1 Thank JustAVacationer
Clayton, North Carolina
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I needed a place to stay near Charleston on the way to a cruise this month. I usually prefer Holiday Inn Express for short stays, but after reading all the good reviews of this Best Western, I opted to book 2 rooms. I gave them my credit card to guarantee late arrival at least 1 month before traveling. I even received 2 confirmation emails stating our rooms were guaranteed for late arrivals.

However, when we pulled up around 11:30 pm with my two elderly parents and our set of twins looking forward to a good night's sleep, we experienced the rudest hotel clerk and the worst situation I've encountered in a long time. The crude man came out waving his arms and yelling " we gave up your rooms hours ago. You never called the hotel and confirmed and we never heard from you, so your rooms are gone. No vacancy.". I showed him paperwork stating the the rooms were guaranteed, but he said that didn't matter and it was too late. I asked to speak to his manager or have the phone number to call in the morning and he said he couldn't give out tht information. We ended up having to drive another 40 minutes to find another hotel room.

I have called and complained to Best Western customer service and they were not even able to get though to the manager to discuss this as of our last conversation.

It may be a great hotel, but if you are traveling there at night, you may be rudely turned away!

3 Thank Staceyhep
Florida
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We stayed here twice on this trip because it was a halfway point. We have stayed here in the past, but have not for maybe five years. We had a party of five plus an infant, so we needed two adjoining double rooms. Wife and girls love the way the rooms look, with the early American furniture. The beds are really comfy and the shower is perfect. The comp breakfast was more than I expected with eggs and sausages, and the pool was inviting. The only slight drawback is the seating for breakfast is limited, which is to be expected. There is also a resturaunt on-property.

Room Tip: just call them and tell them if you need anything special.