“EASY access-one level”

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Santee
Massachusetts
“EASY access-one level”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2008

This is our second stay here at this Best Western Motel in Santee, S. C. Our room is large and clean. The beds in our room, number 144, are extremely comfortable, two queen size. The breakfast buffet is large and the dining area where it is served is lovely. I found the two gals at the front desk, when we checked in, to be helpful and courteous. I was extremely impressed with the lovely Christmas decorations that are still up and beautiful. There is pride in ownership here, and I would highly recommend this motel, especially to the mature traveler who does not want to encounter stairs. One level building with parking directly in front of our room.......................wonderful!

• Liked — one level, easy access
  • Disliked — an unused odor upon entering our room
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank shirlo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Hyattsville, MD
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2007

We stayed overnight at the Best Western Hotel in Santee, South Carolina, (just off I-95) on our way to Florida. We will never stay at this hotel again. The rooms are dark, dingy with a thick layer of dust on all the furnishings. The climate-control room had a foul odor. The top of the small refrigerator was full of food crumbs falling inside when opening the fridge door. The "amenities" comprise one small bottle of "Best Western" shampoo. The bathroom is extremely small with hairs on the floor. The bed was hard and uncomfortable. The room has poor lighting and no working desk. I asked the front desk clerk to place us in a quiet room. Our room was on the far end wing of the hotel. Low and behold, a while later a large, very loud 6-wheeler diesel truck pulled up in the parking space right next to ours! All rooms are situated directly in front of the parking spaces. I was amazed that with all the empty hotel rooms, the hotel clerk would put someone in the room next to ours, especially as we asked for a quiet room. We could hear the next door television, shower, and toilet flushing through the tissue-paper thin walls. We could also hear the hotel room door opening and closing and diesel truck firing up. I looked outside our hotel room and there were over 25 rooms all of which were empty on our wing. The only vehicle in the parking lot that evening, and next morning was the diesel truck parked next to our Jeep. Why, then, did the clerk place the only other guest on this hotel wing right next to us? I'm sure we must have disturbed this diesel-truck guest as well when we packed our Jeep and left the hotel around 7am the next morning on our second-leg to Florida. So, when I entered the registration office to drop off our hotel keys, I asked this woman of authority in a polite manner about this. Immediately, she started walking away from me, went inside a small room behind the front desk and closed the door. I said, "Excuse me," and she opened the door. I asked her why she walked away. She claims it was to set down a cup of coffee. She could have set the Styrofoam coffee cup down anywhere on the front desk or ledge. It was her way of saying, "I don't want to hear any complaints." I began to explain that we asked for a quiet spot in the hotel and instead a 6-wheel diesel-truck guest was placed directly next to us, when so many other rooms were available. Well, she started walking away again, this time into another door behind the front desk. Again, I said, "Excuse me." She then took two steps outside the door but refused to talk with me or address the issue. At that point, I asked for her name and she refused to answer. A nice front desk receptionist witnessing this event handed me this person's business card with a smile. Low and behold, this was the Hotel Manager, Linda Springs, who had been so rude to me! Since I wasn't getting anywhere I decided to leave and said, "Have a nice day." Linda Springs then started shouting at me saying things like, "You need to have a nice day." I had been polite and reserved throughout this entire ordeal. Never in my life have I ever encountered such a rude, arrogant and unhelpful person of authority. It is unimaginable that this type of person would be hired by the Best Western Santee owners to run this hotel. It is no wonder so few people stay at this hotel. There are plenty of other nicer and less expensive hotels on the Santee strip than this inferior Best Western with the rudest, nastiest and meanest person on Earth as its Hotel Manager.

Stayed June 2007
7 Thank EarthyBarbara
West Chester,PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2007

Our family goes on a road trip to Florida every year and we always stay overnight at our favorite motel--the Best Western Santee. Year after year, we always feel "at home", since the rooms are spotlessly clean, the pool is also clean and inviting, and they are continuously making improvements to the motel and lobby. The breakfast has an expanded menu, served in a warm and friendly atmosphere. We are always impressed by the geniune enjoyment the satff has to serve their guests who return year after year. Their southern hopsitality is not just a facade, but a sincere expression of helping their cutomers have a safe, exceptionally clean, and relaxing experience while they are enjoying their vacation.

• Liked — cleanliness and excellent service
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank nancypWestChester_PA
VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2007

We stayed on our way to Orlando for one night. Was very impressed with the hotel. Room was clean and big. I made a reservation and requested a crib. We didn't check in till late about 12:30am but the crib was in the room set up for us. The breakfeast was a nice touch. They say its a continental breakfest but offered eggs and biscuts with gravy. Would deffinetly stay at again on our next trip to FL. Very convient right off the highway.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank jent128
Montreal, QC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2007

We stayed for one night in January 2007 on our way down to FL.

Good sized room, friendly and helpful staff and a nice breakfast served. We were able to park directly in front of our room due to the fact that this was a one-level motel design.

The hotel offers a nice restaurant that is adjacent to the building but slightly on the higher $$. Santee offers a limited choice of restaurants besides the regular fast food chains.

jet29

Stayed January 2007
1 Thank jet029
Johns Creek, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2006

We, a family of 3, only needed a room for one night and there are several choices in Santee. After checking out trip advisor and seeing the Best Western had the top rating we decided to give it a try. The room rate was affordable and making a reservation only took a few minutes over the phone. We had to travel later in the day, we arrived at the hotel at 10 p.m. and check in was still easy due to the clerk at the front desk being kind and professional. The room was very clean, well kept and cool. Actually I had to get up in the middle of the night to adjust the tempature., While the hotel offered breakfast I'm not able to get any info on the food as we were on the road early. Our overall experience was being pleasantly surprise. We recommend the Best Western in Santee to anyone and everyone in that vicinity.

Stayed July 2006
5 Thank gkmdream
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2006

We chose this hotel sight unseen and are very glad we did. It is easy to find right off of I-95. The service was speedy and gracious. The grounds and room were clean, neat and well-appointed and the best surprise was the lovely courtyard with an immaculatly clean heated pool. We could smell the blooming gardenias and make ourselves comfy on the new lounge chairs and tables. The breakfast in the morning was served in a neat and clean lounge and was ample, fresh and well -looked after by an eagle- eyed staff member. I would recommend this as a well-priced stop for families on the way down to Florida. We also had a chance to visit a discount book store at the outlet mall around the corner and to have an inexpensive but fun dinner at a Chinese/Thai take-out place with several tables operated just across the street from the hotel. The family-run place was very friendly and the food delicious.

• Stayed May 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santee
Hampton Inn Santee
#1 of 7 in Manning
Peach Tree Inn
Peach Tree Inn
#1 of 9 in Saint George

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Santee Inn? Share your experiences!