“Won't stay here again”
Review of Holiday Inn Santee

Holiday Inn Santee
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Santee
Reviewed December 6, 2010

I recently stayed at the holiday inn in santee, sc. The room was clean however, one of the beds did not have a blanket on it. I did not notice this until about 3 am and it was not a big deal to me because there were two beds. All I did was take my baby out the other bed and place her in the one with the blanket. On Monday, I found out that Holiday Inn charge $56.00 to my debit card for the missing blanket. No matter how I try to explain that there was no blanket on the bed they refuse to drop the charge. They say that housekeeping SAY its no way they made a bed without the blanket. R u kidding me. How they going tell me something that I know for a fact (100% positive about).

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank The_Truth_10_10
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Santee

Reviewed August 27, 2010

What a great stopover! We were warmly greeted by Sandy and truly made to feel welcomed at the property. It was nice to have a restaurant on site so we didn't have to get in the car and drive anywhere. Bed was so comfortable and amenities as described. We would definitely stay here again. I'm a clean freak and it certainly met my standards. Spacious room. No breakfast included since they have the restaurant, but McDonald's is right there.
I do wish there wasn't a weight limit on pets, but rather a 'breed' restriction. My Golden is as gentle as a lamb. He's just big. They accept pets under 20lbs. I wasn't traveling with my babies this time.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2010

We had a very nice stay. Beautifully lit at night, pretty lobby, nice indoor pool, warm hot tub, friendly staff, comfy bed, clean and tidy bathroom.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 22, 2010

My second year with this group to Santee, SC for golf. Holiday Inn is very accomidating, clean, convenient. This is not a late night party town like Myrtle Beach. Here it's about golfing 36, eating well, and fellowship. Good quality breakfast buffet (ours was included in our golf package). Don't miss the Lone Star BBQ & Merchantile for dinner. Only open Thur-Sun until 7pm. Well worth going to. Golfed nearby at Santee National (neat layout and great shape), Lake Marion GC (good layout, greens a little slow), Wyboo GC in Manning - fun gourse and great people (35 min. drive), Orangeburg CC (40 Min) a great course and experience.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 17, 2010

I have stayed in a Holiday Inn many, many times but this one has the be the worst. The owners are East Indian. They say they are from Britain but they treat their staff like lower caste untouchables. You can tell the staff is not happy. No one smiles.

I did not appreciate that they did not have the complimentary breakfast they advertised. I was also unable to access the internet through Wifi, dial-up or ethernet. The computer downstairs next to the entrance worked fine.....

While I was using this computer, the night desk clerk said the owners like to call the health department about the Quality Inn across the street on occasion in order to report bed bugs (even though they have them as well). She said this helps them drum up business.

The only good thing this hotel has going for it is that it is close to the Cracker Barrel restaurant.

Do yourself a favor and stay at the Ramada Inn or the Hampton across the highway near the golf course.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 29, 2010

Stayed at the Holiday Inn Santee which was about halfway between Richmond, Va and our destination in Florida. The staff was wonderful, friendly and helpful. We were traveling with our Westie and found this "pet friendly" hotel a pleasure to stay in.The room was clean and recently redecorated. The food in the restaurant was good as well. We decided to book a room for our trip back and found the same great environment then as well. We are making a trip back to Florida in April for our move to the sunshine state and definitely will stay on this trip too!
Not sure why there are some negative reviews ...it really was one of the most friendly and clean Holiday Inns we've ever visited.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2010

On a recent trip home from Florida we called to make room reservations at 5:00 pm we were told that there were plenty of rooms and reservations weren't necessary. I was uncomfortable with this because of our late arrival so my wife called back at 7:00. We were again assured there were plenty of rooms available and reservations were not necessary. When I arrived at 7:30 I was told the only rooms available were smoking. I explained to the desk person that we had been calling since 5:00 and were assured there were rooms available. They ended up putting us in a handicapped room, number 305, a huge room with a mini tv, that was unsatisfactory. When I told the person at the desk in the morning of my problem and I would like to speak to a manager, I was told they were busy yesterday when we called and they would have a manager call me. I explained to them if they were busy that made it more important for us to have a reservation. I have tryed for three days to speak to a manager. They have not returned my call as of yet. As a Priority member I feel this is the poorest Holiday Inn I've ever been in. I will avoid this place in the future and have lost a lot of respect for Holiday Inns.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank granddadp
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santee
Hampton Inn Santee
Hampton Inn & Suites Orangeburg
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#12 of 13 in Santee

Been to Holiday Inn Santee? Share your experiences!