“Smoking rooms smell more than smoke”
Review of Holiday Inn Santee

Holiday Inn Santee
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Santee
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I would not suggest staying at this hotel if you have to stay in a smokers' room. There were no non-smoking rooms available when we checked in and driving any more was not an option. I was somewhat prepared for the smell of smoke but the bathroom actually reeked of urine. We had to put towels on the floor to walk on it (eventhough it looked clean) - this smell had to come from somewhere!. Luckily I had a nice candle and some fabreeze with to help neutrilize the smell in the room but the bathroom was just stinky. The folks at the desk were nice. As soon as we got enough sleep we left. I don't think I would ever risk staying there again even if I got a non-smoking room.

Room Tip: Consider another hotel in the area if you are a non-smoker.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Deborah M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Santee, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Deborah M,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your stay. I am deeply sorry about the undesirable smell in the room during your stay. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Janice A.
IHG Care

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Stopped here driving between Florida and Virginia. Chose Holiday Inn for good reputation. Overpriced for what they offer, and couldn't offer any type of military discount. Fitness room smelled like BO. Restaurant was alright, but didn't feel clean. Next time we'd choose somewhere that wasn't pet friendly

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ellen M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Santee, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Ellen M,

Thank you very much for your recent review of our property. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and we strive to provide competitive rates within the area. I'm deeply sorry that we fell below your expectations especially with the room prices and unusual smell of the fitness room. I have noted you valuable comments and I will make sure that this will be looked into and be forwarded to the departments involved.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We chose Holiday Inn because of its reputation and we needed a pet friendly room. Non-smoking room on the 4th floor had a cigarette burn on the bedspread and the dust ruffle had stains. The mattress had a foam topper that was a superficial fix to a below average mattress. The chair in the room had multiple pulls showing long-term wear and furniture was cheap, chipped and undesirable. TV was flat screen but very small. No complimentary breakfast and dinner menu at the restaurant was limited. Front desk person was pleasant. Would not recommend.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Pat M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Santee, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Dear Pat M,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. I am glad you found our front desk staff pleasant. I am sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your stay as we always strive to provide a unique experience to all our guests. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had because of the condition of the room accommodations and amenities. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope that you will afford us another opportunity to showcase our usual levels of service.

Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

We booked the hotel for proximity to family. considering the location of the others we should have booked elsewhere. Bathroom had mold issues. Pool heater was broken and we didn't even attempt the restaurant. On their website they claim to know about the golf courses yet the young women could not tell us where the golf course was that we had made reservations at and it was less than 5 minute away on the main road.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank SAHJMM
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Santee, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear SAHJMM,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you encountered during your stay and for the cleanliness of the bathroom that did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. Rest assured that the issues you have raised will be addressed and appropriate actions will be taken. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A

Reviewed April 15, 2013

There are what a thousand hotels on the I95 corridor and in the South Carolina stretch a lot with advertised prices that are ridiculous scary cheap. We opted for the "expensive" (still under $100 at 89 for a senior rate) because they are pet friendly for a nominal ($20) charge and becasue we expected a quality experience, we were not disappointed.

The lobby was immaculate, the reception friendly and professional, a theme that would dominate the stay. Our room was clean, the bed good and all was as it should be, but it was almost 9:00 as I walked out with our dog I asked about the restaurant, "We are closing. . . but if you can order right away . . ." I called my wife, we ordered and all was good. I used to work in a restaurant so I know that those folks who come in at the last minute can be demanding and not understanding of staff that wants (needs) to get home. Our waitress was patient and friendly and did not rush us.

the morning personnel were just a nice, We would stay again. Recommend to friends? You are all on notice, this is a good hotel above average in its class and a good choice if you are cruising up or down I-95.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Joseph C
Reviewed April 13, 2013

After driving 14 hrs I wanted to keep a promise to my 8yr old son;we will get a hotel with a indoor pool.Well, we had the indoor pool ,but it was 45degrees and he couldn't swim in it.The heater was broken and still remains broken, after 3weeks (our travel date was March 28th,2013).This was the only amenetity that enticed us to stay there.The hotel doesn't offer breakfast and the hotel is more expensive than the other local hotels.

After numerous requests the Holiday Inn FINALLY updated their website;that the heater is broken(04,13,2013.We contacted headquaters and recieved a generic apology.Highly recommend the Country Inn in Orangeburg , drive the extra miles and you will be satisfied.

Room Tip: Go to Country Inn!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank maryann h
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Santee, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Dear maryann h,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I deeply apologize for the inconvenience you encountered with our hotel pool and website service. Your feedback is valuable for us to further improve and strengthen our facilities and services and they are the most valuable source of motivation for our team members which work hard every day to meet and exceed our guests' expectations.

Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention. I know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is is a very nice hotel. We stayed here on our way back to VA from FL. Easy off, easy on access to I-95. Rooms very clean and pleasant staff. Restaurant on location, however several nearby restaurants also to include a Cracker Barrel. There is also a convenience store and gas station as you leave for quick refueling. I would recommend this hotel to anyone passing through Santee.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santee
Hampton Inn Santee
Knights Inn Santee
Knights Inn Santee
#10 of 13 in Santee
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Orangeburg

Been to Holiday Inn Santee? Share your experiences!