“Just Passing Through”
Review of Holiday Inn Santee

Holiday Inn Santee
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Santee
Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I travel 8 months/year on business and literally live in hotels.

We were just passing through Santee on a trip from DC to Tampa. Very nice and new Holiday Inn (though I wish it was an Express for the free breakfast).

Very pet friendly, though my dog does not like elevators and 4 floors are a lot to walk! Plus, there are no exterior entrances to the stairwells, so you always have to go in through the front or back. Its almost like they force you to take the elevator. Small personal gripe. Lots of green grass to walk the dog.

Hotel is walking distance to some fast food. Clarks Restaurant on the corner is overpriced and they add 20% gratuity to your carry-out order. As a rewards member, I had coupons for the restaurant downstairs, but we had to leave quickly in the morning and just did fast food, so I can't speak to the quality.

I was in a King room on the corner. The corner rooms at this Holiday Inn are great! Very spacious and lots of natural lighting. Very clean and comfortable beds.

Room Tip: Corners rooms are large and sunny
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 5, 2012

I didn't plan on staying in Santee that night but I did and stopped at the Holiday Inn and glad I did. The staff was great the property looked great and the beds were comfortable. The only minor issue I had was the cleaning staff seamed to be in a hurry to clean the room actually woke us up to clean the room. That minor thing didn't make me upset I like a clean room and my bed made but overall A++

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 1, 2012

What a find! I was thrilled to find this property right off 1-95 in Santee, SC. Pet friendly hotel (nominal extra fee) at a reasonable price with a restaurant and room service which is so welcomed when traveling solo with a pet. Clean and comfortable..modern lobby. Nice indoor pool. Will make this my regular stop for future trips to/from Florida

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank NJtravelingmom
Reviewed August 25, 2012

Great over-night stay for Snowbirds. Clean comfortable and pet friendly. Staff are very friendly. Good restaurants located there and nearby. Restaurant here is average buy across the street is Clarks, known for years.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We needed a place to stay while moving from NJ to FL. I have two children, 12 and 7, and a dog. I needed a reasonably priced hotel that was safe, clean, pet friendly, easy to shift bikes from SUV to room and with close proximity to 95. This hotel was easy to find, immediately off of exit 98. Staff was very friendly, from check-in host, to room keepers to breakfast servers. Breakfast was served to us rather than a self-serve and cost was included in the room price. I would recommend this hotel. Although we only stayed overnight, the pool, putting green and exercise room appeared clean and well kept.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank susan0624
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed at this hotel in Santee because of its easy travel access and it's pet-friendly policy. It is right off I95 and convenient to gas stations/restaurants when you're travelling the 95 corridor. The hotel accepts pets with a non-refundable $20. fee. The best part of this hotel for pet owners whose pets cannot and should not be left alone in the room while occupants eat out, is that it has a restaurant on-site and room service. Coffee free in the lobby.
The hotel room was average clean for a Holiday Inn. The pet-friendly rooms are all located on the same floor. No problems there. Parking is well-lighted and secure. You can walk to McDs and Cracker Barrel, plus others. Front desk personnel was helpful. Rates vary, so look online for the best price. Coupon books at the state's Welcome Center offer the best rates but those are limited and available only without advance resv.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mary Ellen G
Reviewed July 22, 2012

More money for no frills. No jacuzzi. No free breakfast. It has a small restaurant where you have to purchase your own breakfast. TV remote did not work. One of the elevators wasn't working when we checked out - and on a Sunday no less. My advice, stay at the Best Western Plus. It has great reviews. The only good thing about it was the friendly people who worked there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
IHGCare, IHGCare at Holiday Inn Santee, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear The247,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am pleased you found our staff service commendable. Please accept my sincerest apology if you found your stay less than satisfactory due to some amenities not working. I appreciate you bringing these issues into our attention as this our best resource of improving guest services.

Holiday Inn hotels are full service hotels located worldwide. We do not offer complimentary breakfast but we have a full service restaurant on site and we provide room service for your convenience.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Santee
Hampton Inn Santee
Knights Inn Santee
Knights Inn Santee
#10 of 13 in Santee
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Orangeburg

Been to Holiday Inn Santee? Share your experiences!