“Pricey compared to Drury Hotels and unorganized!”
Review of Holiday Inn Santee

Holiday Inn Santee
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Santee
Weeki Wachee, Florida
“Pricey compared to Drury Hotels and unorganized!”
Reviewed May 15, 2011

Arrived later than check -in time but room still not ready, had to wait. Do accomodate pets but only on the top floor along with smoking rooms......not convenient when you want to walk the dog......waiting for elevators can be a problem, accidents can happen! And the halls smelled smokey/unpleasant. Higher price than most for pets and does not include breakfast buffet in room price. Early arrival for breakfast seemed to have the waitress not quite ready and took long time to cook; only people in the room. Waitress was pleasant but did not check back, had to hunt her down for requests. Food good, cooked to order and hot. Room clean & help pleasant....just too pricey when compared to other hotels.

Room Tip: Probably OK for a business traveler
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
  • Polish first
Plymouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 5, 2011

Enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The front desk clerk was very accommodating. When I asked for directions to a store to buy cream for the coffee in the room, she offered to get some from the kitchen.

The pool was wonderful. I enjoyed my meal from the kitchen, lots of food for the price. Wished the bar stayed open a little longer.

My room was clean and quiet.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed February 1, 2011

We didn't actually stay here because the pet firendly non-smoking rooms are on the fourth floor with smoking rooms directly opposite them! so basically you step out of the elevator and are accosted by the smell of smoke, which also works it's way into the non-smoking rooms too.
Also, not sure what was happening in the restaurant but the lobby reeked of fried food (it was around 10pm at night). We did look at the room - it was very small, the furnishings looked new but the bathroom looked very old and poky, and there was lotsof noise from the corridor. There was also a very strange guy wandering around the corridors.

marathon
Reviewed January 1, 2011

We checked in after a 6 hr ride through NC just to get out of all the snow... we were exhausted and ready to relax. It was just a basic ovwernight stay and leave early in the am. The bathroom smeeled kinda funny when we checked in. I did notice the bathroom grout and caulking really needed to be scrubbed... mildew (if if a small trace) can really look disgusting.
The beds were sooo plush and cozy... I know I would have slept so good... if only I could've shut those danged sheer blinds. Why would you have curtains that go only halfway and sheer in the middle, when your right off the expressway with all the local stores shining their lights right into the room. I have to have it mostly dark to sleep. I usually like to dress right by my bed and maybe walk around comfortable in my room... not happening here. I had to crouch down on the ground to get dressed or go in the bathroom. That's my only REAL complaint... make it to where your guests can COMPLETELY shut those curtains. Thanks!
*PS: I work at a nightly condo-rental, so I'm pretty observant. But also a very laidback person, so of course I didn't complain at checkout because we were in a hurry to get back on the road, but I would've said something if were were to take our time.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed December 10, 2010

We had a great stay and the staff was great as well

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Holly Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed December 6, 2010

I recently stayed at the holiday inn in santee, sc. The room was clean however, one of the beds did not have a blanket on it. I did not notice this until about 3 am and it was not a big deal to me because there were two beds. All I did was take my baby out the other bed and place her in the one with the blanket. On Monday, I found out that Holiday Inn charge $56.00 to my debit card for the missing blanket. No matter how I try to explain that there was no blanket on the bed they refuse to drop the charge. They say that housekeeping SAY its no way they made a bed without the blanket. R u kidding me. How they going tell me something that I know for a fact (100% positive about).

2 Thank The_Truth_10_10
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed August 27, 2010

What a great stopover! We were warmly greeted by Sandy and truly made to feel welcomed at the property. It was nice to have a restaurant on site so we didn't have to get in the car and drive anywhere. Bed was so comfortable and amenities as described. We would definitely stay here again. I'm a clean freak and it certainly met my standards. Spacious room. No breakfast included since they have the restaurant, but McDonald's is right there.
I do wish there wasn't a weight limit on pets, but rather a 'breed' restriction. My Golden is as gentle as a lamb. He's just big. They accept pets under 20lbs. I wasn't traveling with my babies this time.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santee
Hampton Inn Santee
#1 of 7 in Manning
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#12 of 13 in Santee

Been to Holiday Inn Santee? Share your experiences!