“Extremely poor service”

Clark's Inn and Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 36 Restaurants in Santee
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Clark's Restaurant is Santee's Favorite Place for Food & Spirits. A truly exceptional dining experience, Clark's offers guests three beautifully furnished dining rooms including working fireplaces.
Santa Cruz, California
“Extremely poor service”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

What went wrong:
1. Ordered cup of lobster bisque that never came but was charged for it.
2. For all entrees on menu there were 7 side choices, but they were out of three and we weren't made aware of this until the dinner arrived.
3. The bill came and the soup was charged, and there was no apology for not delivering the soup.
4. Our bill was charged to someone else's card and it took three tries to get it cleared up. Not much of an apology and no offer of a dessert or bill adjustment for all the mistakes in our order.
5. When trying to leave the restaurant before 9:00 we had to ask an employee to unlock the door!

The ambience was nice and the food good but the service was very disappointing and frustrating.

1 Thank Time2Travel52

Trenton, Florida
“Great place for Mother's Day Lunch”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I took my wife, four of my daughters, a son-in-law and five grandchildren here for Mother's Day. We had reservations and were seated promptly. The waiter was efficient and fun. The food was good. Portions were not huge, but sufficient. We will be back, I am sure.

South Florida, Florida
“Change The Chef?”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

I have been coming here, on trips to and from Florida, for 12 years. On my last two trips to Santee I have been disappointed. The fried chicken has changed, and not for the better. The chicken was over cooked, the breading was so bad and gritty i sent it back. My wife thought it tasted like and had the consistency of "Shake And Bake". The bartender, John, couldn't have been nicer and got us a fresh order of "fried chicken", which was marginally better. The service was great. I will give them one more opportunity to give us back the original recipe.

• Visited May 2013
Clarks_IR, Manager at Clark's Inn and Restaurant, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
We're very sorry you had a disappointing experience at our restaurant! We haven't changed chefs but as you picked up on we did experiment a bit with the way we prepare the fried chicken. While we only tried the change at night we certainly received more than a few comments about it! You'll be glad to know we have gone back to cooking the fried chicken the same way we do for lunch, which is the way it's been prepared for years here at Clark's. We hope the next time you're in town you'll give us another chance.
Fairfax, Virginia
“The food just ok”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We was looking for local restaurant in Santee and after read review we decided Clark's Family restaurant . I order famous fried chicken and I was disappointed it tasteless more better I eat fried chicken chain resto in the menu said crispy but it not crispy at all . The one I like is the ambiance very nice .

• Visited May 2013
While we are disappointed you didn't have a great experience at Clark's Restaurant we appreciate you taking the time to post and tell us what was wrong. As we noted in another response we did experiment with how we prepare our fried chicken and our customers were very clear about that result not being in line with what they have come to expect from us! We hope you'll try us again as we have returned to the original way we make the fried chicken.
“Good food and drinks”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stopped here on a weeknight for dinner in the bar. I had a seafood platter that was pretty good. The person that I was with ordered a salad with chicken and cranberries that was massive and delicious. The bartender/server was attentive and funny. Prices were in line with what I was expecting, the seafood platter was around $23 and beers were $4. A table next to us got an order of onion rings that looked amazing. I was disappointed that I had already ordered or I would have tried them. Overall good experience, good food, and I would eat here again.

• Visited May 2013

Been to Clark's Inn and Restaurant? Share your experiences!