“The food just ok”

Clark's Inn and Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 36 Restaurants in Santee
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Clark's Restaurant is Santee's Favorite Place for Food & Spirits. A truly exceptional dining experience, Clark's offers guests three beautifully furnished dining rooms including working fireplaces.
Fairfax, Virginia
“The food just ok”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

We was looking for local restaurant in Santee and after read review we decided Clark's Family restaurant . I order famous fried chicken and I was disappointed it tasteless more better I eat fried chicken chain resto in the menu said crispy but it not crispy at all . The one I like is the ambiance very nice .

• Visited May 2013
Clarks_IR, Manager at Clark's Inn and Restaurant, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
While we are disappointed you didn't have a great experience at Clark's Restaurant we appreciate you taking the time to post and tell us what was wrong. As we noted in another response we did experiment with how we prepare our fried chicken and our customers were very clear about that result not being in line with what they have come to expect from us! We hope you'll try us again as we have returned to the original way we make the fried chicken.

“Good food and drinks”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stopped here on a weeknight for dinner in the bar. I had a seafood platter that was pretty good. The person that I was with ordered a salad with chicken and cranberries that was massive and delicious. The bartender/server was attentive and funny. Prices were in line with what I was expecting, the seafood platter was around $23 and beers were $4. A table next to us got an order of onion rings that looked amazing. I was disappointed that I had already ordered or I would have tried them. Overall good experience, good food, and I would eat here again.

Jacksonville, Florida
“Great lunch buffet”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The lunch buffet was a fair price for the offering. The food was very good and was like good home-cooked food with a local flair.

Visited May 2013
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“OVER RATED!”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Visiting Santee on a family fishing trip. Have passed by Clark's many times and decided to give it a try after reading reviews. We were very disappointed! My husband and I ordered the famous fried chicken. Being from the South we expected great fried chicken. We have eaten better from convenience stores. No spices in the batter and was deep fat fried. The sides we chose were mashed potatoes, vegetable medley and cole slaw. The mashed potatoes were instant from a box. The vegetable medley was a frozen mix of broccoli, squash and zucchini. The slaw was a purchased type and not homemade. Our meals were $15.95 each. Which is extremely overpriced for fried chicken and especially when not a homemade flavor. We do not recommend it and will not eat there again. The next night we ate at the Thia House and the foods was excellent.

Florida
“Average all the way around”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

The food was good...not great. For the prices they charge, I expect great. The ambience is very nice. We had the lobster bisque (yuck! It tasted like canned cheese soup and was VERY salty), Fishermans Platter (this was decent) and baked chicken (which was very good). Overall, the food was bland. The veggies had no extra flavor to them (we both had sauteed vegetables) and I had to add butter and salt to them (I do not usually have to "doctor" up my veggies as most places use some sort of spice). The crab cake was VERY good but served with a sauce that was not good. Overall, I would say the place is just very average. Nothing truly excellent but it's not bad either.

• Visited April 2013

Been to Clark's Inn and Restaurant? Share your experiences!