“Food was good but nothing outstanding.”
Review of Martinis - CLOSED

Reviewed January 23, 2014

9134 Old Highway 6
Santee, SC 29142
(803) 854-0202

The address did not show correctly when I looked it up on Google Maps. Martini’s is located on off Interstate 95 at SC 6, Exit 98 and then 1/2 mile to the east. Look for the big red “Coasters” sign and Martini’s is just across the street.

We had a Restaurant.com certificate good for $15.00 off so figured we give the place a try while staying in Santee. I found out it is only open in the evenings and then only Wednesday to Saturday so be sure and call before you head that way to be sure it’s open.

We were greeted promptly and told to seat wherever we liked. It’s a fairly large place with a bar in the center area and a stage for a band. It is Mexican; so we received the obligatory chips and salsa. Chips were warm and the salsa was thick and tasty. Our waitress was friendly and took our order promptly.

Drinks were kept filled without having to ask (always a plus) and our meal was served promptly. Portions were very adequate. I had the Carne Asada with rice and beans $11.95 and the wife had the #8 Combination (chicken) a burrito, taco and an enchilada $9.00. I asked for Coke but got Pepsi (should have mentioned)($2.00) and we finished off with Fried Ice Cream $4.00. Food was good but nothing outstanding.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Went there on a Sunday evening after finding our favorite La Forgata vacant.
We were the only patrons. We were promptly greeted, but even allowing for our looking over the menu, we finally needed to signal across the room for the server.

Chips were very good, with a beaker of robust medium salsa and two dipping dishes for me and DW. She could handle the heat ok.
Platters came in reasonable time order. We both ordered the super fajita quesadilla, and it was very tasty. We eventually boxed half of each. The order came with some sort of the guacamole salad - OK, but the pica gallo had some strong heat that DW couldn't handle, but I liked. Also a dollop of sour cream and some lettuce.

We needed to look toward the direction of the server, who anticipated our need for boxes and promptly brought them and bill. Our water glasses were not refilled.

I suspect that at the right time, at the large bar and room, there are either a concentration of golfers or as politically correct as I can be - Hispanics. The TV had English language football on and then the Simpsons.