“Nice Stop!”
Review of Lake Marion Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santee
Lake Marion Inn
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Santee
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Location is just off interstate with numerous restaurants in the immediate area. Front desk was very friendly and check and out was simple, accurate and quick. Internet connection was excellent for computer and phone. Room was equipped with small work table which helped me. Bed was very comfortable and room was tastefully decorated. The inn is of an older period but everything is well maintained, including the grounds. I found this place to be an excellent value for my dollar and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jeffreya
There are newer reviews for Lake Marion Inn

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed overnight, wanted to support the local businesses, hotel needs TLC. The bed was very comfortable and the front desk clerks were nice, but rooms are outdated and sparse! AC worked good! TV reception was sketchy at best. No shampoo or conditioner, maybe we had to ask for it? I don't believe there was a hair dryer either. Did not go to the contintental breakfast. It would be awesome if the hotel owners had the resources to return the hotel to its original retro decor! Oh well, it was only $46 for the night!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Debbie M
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Day 1 started at the small nice Lake Marion Inn. This Inn is simple, clean, and comfortable. Not fancy or flashy - but it was the best night sleep of the trip. The front desk was very nice and the free breakfast was OK.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank MNSNOWBIRD1377
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Traveling home from PA, my grandparents, mother, and I needed a place to stay. The other hotels in the area cost around $100 a night, and we were only going to be there from 11pm until 7am the next morning. We stopped by the Lake Marion Inn. The price was so good that I asked to see the rooms. I was pleasantly surprised. There was a small fridge and microwave in each room, and the rooms looked very well taken care of. The beds were very comfortable (more so than the beds at another hotel we paid more than twice as much for) and the shower was great (lots of pressure). For $46 a room, we had a clean room, hot shower, free wi-fi, and a modest but pleasant complimentary breakfast. The staff was also so helpful. Can't beat the price.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Brianna J
Reviewed June 28, 2011

At the last minute our plans fell through and we needed a hotel room for our friend's wedding. The owners of the inn were extremely helpful, kind, and considerate. We had to check in late and the girl who was working made sure to write out a letter and make sure that everything was ready when we got there. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. Much better experience than I would have expected, and the prices are unbeatable! Would definitely come back if we're ever in the area again!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank goldengirl126
Reviewed April 14, 2011

I stopped here because the of the reviews from trip
advisor. The outside of the property looked nice. I checked out a room and the smell hit me as soon as I walked in the door. It was one of those "Moldy like smells." The carpet appeared new, the bathroom tub had mildew all around it. The room was dark. I left and checked out the next best priced Motel 6, from tripadvisor. I was much more impressed with Motel 6 and stayed there.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dizzi52
lakemarioninn, Manager at Lake Marion Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2011

Dizzi52, Thank you for sharing your concerns and we apologize for your experience. As newer management, it is our aim that guests will not encounter the concerns that you did. To that end, since arriving at the property, we have completed deep cleaning of all rooms and implemented more stringent standards to include refreshing rooms that have not been recently used by a guest to make sure they meet the standards we have set. Maintenance issues are addressed straight away once identified by a guest, housekeeping or management staff. We look forward to welcoming you again and having you encounter a more pleasant experience with our property. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed April 3, 2011

This hotel gifts us a little miracle.
We had a long trip, it was a night and it was not easy to find hotel to spend night because of the Spring break. My wife was tired and desperatly wanted the berries. We cound't not find a store near the road to buy it.
We turned from the road to tried to find a free room and saw this hotel. It wasn't on our map, but my wife offer me to check it. I did. It was the right decision. We took a room. And when I asked a manager where I could find the grocery store to buy berries for my wife the manager's wife said that it was closed but she would glad to give few strawberries for her.
When we came in the room, manager's wife brought a bowl full of strawberris. It was so enexpected!
We had a good hight in the hotel. The breakfast was nice: cereal, milk, breads, spead, jam, juces, fruite salad.
It's a neat place if you need to stop for the hight during your trip.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple