“It was okay, but the room had a strange odor I did not...”
Review of Super 8 Santee

Super 8 Santee
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Santee

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Medford, New Jersey
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Rooms were clean, carpeting looked newer. For a late afternoon checkin and an early morning departure, this place was great. A simple continental breakfast to get you started and you are on 95 S in minutes.

• Stayed March 2013
Barry P, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Santee, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you very much for the nice comment you left Super 8 of Santee. We work to make our guests stay great. Our motto is Life is Great at Super 8 and we do everything to live up to that.

Kim
BALTIMORE
Reviewed January 3, 2013

The advertising for the Santee Super 8 indicated that there would be a "deluxe" breakfast available from 6-9 am on the day of my departure. However, at 6:10 am there was no one in the office (which was locked), and there was no prospect of any sort of breakfast, much less a "deluxe" one. Since I payed more than I usually do for a motel off I-95, I was not at all happy with the service offered.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Please accept my personal apology for thr inconvenience you experienced with the opening of breakfast at the set time. This was addressed with the desk clerk on duty and will not happen again in the future.

My hope is that you will allow us another opportunity to serve your lodging needs in the future.

Kim
Florida
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Ok, so I attened an event last month in this city and state. I am from out of town, and I did not want to spend a lot of money on an expensive hotel just for the weekend. I checked into this hotel and was greeted by "Barry Patel" the hotels manager. He seemed very pleasant and assisted me with my needs. So I got my card and drove to the back by the unsafe woods. Well my card did not work. I had to get back in the dark to drive up front to let Barry know that the key was not working. He nicely replaced the key and said it had scratches so he gave me new ones. Then when I got back to the room, there were bugs. I went back up there again and told him, he came down to the room and flipped. I thought that I was going to have to call the police on him if he did not stop. He was flipping the mattress trying to prove there were not bugs at his hotel. At the end of the day, we moved to another room which was stink and ok. The photos online is nothing of what you will see in person. The refrigerator and microwave are very old and looks like an easy bake oven. The rooms have no upgrades and even the linens and the bed is old and made me itch badly. I could not wait to get home to do laundry and to take a good, long shower. Due to the constatnt all night, loud music trafiic, I was afraid for my car to be vandalized or broken in to. I should have done my homework before I came to this place. The hotel is located right beside a "gentlemen's strip club" and a resturant. This was the worse hotel that I have ever stayed in, and you will get what you pay for. In my opinion, motel 6 is better and I usually stay at 4/5 star hotels unless it was for a short getaway such as this one. The customer service was AWFUL after I told Barry about the bugs from then to checkout. Oh the check in area is stink and small with like 3 tables for you to eat "continental breakfast." If I ever come back to Santee, Sc I will not leave my dog at this particular Super 8.

Room Tip: The motel is by a high, loud traffic/music area by a gentlemens club and resturant. DO NOT STAY HERE...