“1/2 way point of trip”

Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Santee
Reviewed November 17, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Ok, so I attened an event last month in this city and state. I am from out of town, and I did not want to spend a lot of money on an expensive hotel just for the weekend. I checked into this hotel and was greeted by "Barry Patel" the hotels manager. He seemed very pleasant and assisted me with my needs. So I got my card and drove to the back by the unsafe woods. Well my card did not work. I had to get back in the dark to drive up front to let Barry know that the key was not working. He nicely replaced the key and said it had scratches so he gave me new ones. Then when I got back to the room, there were bugs. I went back up there again and told him, he came down to the room and flipped. I thought that I was going to have to call the police on him if he did not stop. He was flipping the mattress trying to prove there were not bugs at his hotel. At the end of the day, we moved to another room which was stink and ok. The photos online is nothing of what you will see in person. The refrigerator and microwave are very old and looks like an easy bake oven. The rooms have no upgrades and even the linens and the bed is old and made me itch badly. I could not wait to get home to do laundry and to take a good, long shower. Due to the constatnt all night, loud music trafiic, I was afraid for my car to be vandalized or broken in to. I should have done my homework before I came to this place. The hotel is located right beside a "gentlemen's strip club" and a resturant. This was the worse hotel that I have ever stayed in, and you will get what you pay for. In my opinion, motel 6 is better and I usually stay at 4/5 star hotels unless it was for a short getaway such as this one. The customer service was AWFUL after I told Barry about the bugs from then to checkout. Oh the check in area is stink and small with like 3 tables for you to eat "continental breakfast." If I ever come back to Santee, Sc I will not leave my dog at this particular Super 8.

Room Tip: The motel is by a high, loud traffic/music area by a gentlemens club and resturant. DO NOT STAY HERE...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2012

When u ask about renovations being done be specific on what has been renovated. Box spring material torn. Bathroom not very clean stains in tub screws sticking out of shower pieces of wood attached to wall and very outdated

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Spacious, well-appointed rooms, very good breakfast. Free high speed wi-fi. Pleasant service. Pets accepted in smoking rooms with permission for small fee. . Good restaurant right next door. Convenient to I-95.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 13, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

This is a standard Super 8 motel, which is not a bad thing. The rooms are very large and clean. They have a good size fridge and a microwave. The free breakfast is ample.
The pool, however, is a problem. First, it is Barbie size (and there is no room for Ken to get in at the same time). More importantly, the water is green and a bit murky. It needs more chlorine and/or a better filtration system.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I was traveling w/ my 12 yo daughter from Fl to Ny and stopped here on our 1st night. Arrived about 9:30 pm and was quickly checked in . The rooms were easy to access and found to be clean. Only 1 light worked in the entire room and was kind of dark ,but we made due. The beds were hard as boards and not comfotable at all. Neither of us could sleep for moer than an hour at a time ,so we decided to pack up and hit the road at 5 am without breakfast .

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family