“Craig's Deli in Santee, SC”

Craig's Place Deli & Cafe in Santee
Ranked #6 of 36 Restaurants in Santee
Cuisines: American
Description: New York style deli with Southern Hospitality! The Best Little Deli on I-95 at Santee, SC Exit 98, go east off exit just 1/8 mile on the left. The Reuben is our specialty! Eat in or Take Out. Sandwich and Wrap platters available. Order ahead.
Edisto Island, South Carolina
“Craig's Deli in Santee, SC”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We stopped by Craig's Place Deli for lunch based on a recommendation of some friends in Santee. We must have been there on an off day since the food was below average and service was average. We ordered a half a Cuban sandwich and the soup special, Tortilla Soup. Other than being hot, the small grilled half sandwich was nothing special, just some deli meats and cheeses on white bread. The soup was watery, with very little substance, and no crisp tortillas or nachos served in it or with it. The waitress said the soup came frozen so it was definitely not home made. We were expecting at least something similar to tortilla soups we have had at other establishments or sandwich shops, but this was more like a canned soup product. Needless to say, after the build up from our friends we were very disappointed and wished we had gone somewhere else for lunch.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Steve K
Craigs D, Owner at Craig's Place Deli & Cafe in Santee, responded to this review, November 3, 2014
We are sorry to hear you had a less than satisfactory experience. We hope you'll give us a second chance next time you're in Santee, SC. We also relocated to 9083 Old Highway #6 in the old Russell Stover Candy building.

Santee, South Carolina
“EAT HERE OFTEN”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I now know the owners and are always greeted as an old friend. Myself and two church buddies try to meet here weekly for a sandwich and fellowship. Food is good, good size sandwich and sides are delicius- Stop in and Tell Becky and Bill hello-

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Michael S
Dulles, Virginia
“Great deli in unexpected place”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Stopped to get gas on a trip down I95 and this deli was across the parking lot so we decided to give it a try. Homemade vegetable soup was wonderful. My husband has a Reuben which he said was delicious and I had egg salad on a croissant which was very fresh and tasty. Service was prompt and friendly and the price was right. It was a great unexpected find for lunch!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Barbara H
Greenville, North Carolina
“Best Sandwiches Ever!”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Trying to avoid the routine fast food on the road my husband saw a billboard for Craig's Deli and we decided to give it a try. Well, they make the best sandwiches we have ever had. I ordered the roast beef with blue cheese and my husband ordered the pastrami. A small side came with each sandwich and we ordered our drinks to go. Moved on down to a picnic area on I-95 and enjoyed this fantastic lunch. Everything was fresh and the meat was plentiful and sliced to order.

Next trip we have already agreed this will be our lunch stop.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank grana103
Jacksonville, FL
“Sandwich & potato salad, okay”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We had a young (teens) man wait on us. Our orders were simple, with out any special request. I had their big sandwich with roast beef, turkey and I believe ham and cheese, lettuce and tomato. The amount of mayonaise was okay, the bread was fresh-best ever, no-okay, yes. The potato salad hit the spot and was quite tasty and the most memorable meal item. My husband enjoyed his sandwich, which I think was a ruben. They had local newspapers and real estate listings/pics on the wall where we sat. Fastest-no, slowest-no, but acceptable. What I liked most was we also needed a bathroom and bottles of water and both were available (without further stops). The toilet is on a platform, and if you are basketball tall-not a problem, otherwise a problem off and on.

• Visited September 2013