“Comfortable Inn with a restaurant and bar”
Review of Whitten Inn

Whitten Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Santee B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

when traveling to Florida for the winter you want a place you can stop kill comfortable have a decent bed and not pay a fortune that's the Whitten Inn. We stopped on a Saturday evening and we're pleased to see they have live music in the bar we didn't have anything to eat there but they have a restaurant as well there was a lively local crowd at the time we stopped

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank lilyontheroad

Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

First off, I think the owners need to rip down their billboard sign and start over with dirtiest rooms instead of saying they're sparkling clean rooms. Shower disgusting, behind our fridge, two huge rat traps. Internet literally does not even work. The front desk girls are unpleasant with attitude and rude. And to top it off I had two different men not once not twice, but four times help themselves to take off my privacy sign and walk right into my room. Twice I had the chain locked so they couldn't open the door all the way. I don't know how they don't know I'm staying in this room, I've been here for two weeks. I'm pretty sure front desk should also let them know before they barge into someone's room. So if you have a privacy sign up, chances are someone's been in your room anyways. I can't wait to get out of here. And I hope everyone reads this so nobody stays here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm infuriated!!!!!!! P.s. they're breakfast sucks too. And I had a big laugh when their prices went up to 56.00 now instead of 45.00. They need to charge a good 5.00 for this craphole.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We travel from VA to see family in SW Florida a couple of times a year, and like Whitten Inn for two reasons. It is a good stop on the way back after a 8 hour trip, and it takes our big 70 pound lab for just $5 a night. The staff has always been friendly. Rooms are clean but basic. Breakfast is usually just cereal, prepackaged pastries, fruit, coffee and waffle maker. It is what you would expect for about $50 a night.

1  Thank VABluedog
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The billboards clearly state CLEAN ROOMS. Well, that isn't exactly the case. Our room was just okay. The entire facility needs a facelift and the sooner the better. It was the least expensive hotel in the area, but it so dated with cracks in the bathroom.

2  Thank RV-nomads-3
Reviewed December 25, 2013

It doesn't cost a cent to have the front desk clerk smile, but it's something I don't see often. At the Whitten Inn, I really felt that I was welcome. Every contact I had with the staff was professional and friendly. To me, that goes a long way.

As we both have computers, we were pleased that there was both a desk and a table in the room and the WiFi signal was strong. The room was clean and the beds comfortable.

For the price, I expected much less. It was a pleasant surprise.

Room Tip: When you go for ice, take your room "key." You'll need that to make the machine coug...
1  Thank John W
Reviewed December 7, 2013

When we arrived in our room everything looked ok, however we tried turning on the lights & most of them did not work. One of the two lights that did come on start flickering & sparks started coming from the light. We unplugged it immediately. Second, the toilet would not flush. We called the front desk and some knocked on the door a few minutes later with a plunger & said,"here you go have a good night." Also, there was a cup of old coffee sitting inside the microwave. We never used the microwave. However, we left the cup inside the microwave & the next morning after housekeeping finished cleaning the room, the cup was still inside the microwave.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Tishia4401
Reviewed November 24, 2013

The place is clean, albeit a bit dated. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. Flat screen, microwave, and, fridge for less than $60 total. Add that they are pet friendly and have truck parking - I'm happy!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business