“DISGUSTING!!!”

Whitten Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Santee B&B and Inns
“DISGUSTING!!!”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We stayed here several years ago and thought it was very good, clean and a great price. We recommended this hotel to many people, and even drove longer in our trip to make sure we stayed at this hotel. NEVER AGAIN!! We rented 3 rooms - the rooms and bathrooms were filthy. The carpet was dirty and had nail clippings on it, obviously not vacuumed. But the thing that made us leave and get a full refund within 10 minutes of being in the room was the cockroaches that were crawling up the walls and all over the tables in the room. We went to the front desk and Leah was great and apologized (not her fault), gave us a full refund and we were left looking for another hotel at 1:00 am. I'm embarrassed that we recommended this place to anyone and will never stop there again!!!!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Cin892

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Booked several rooms for college group. Mind you, these are college students who do not expect a lot in terms of a hotel room. Uniformly, they ageed that this was the worst hotel in which they stayed. The rooms were dirty. There were black hairs in bed-they slept in their clothes. The shower too dirty to consider using. Their summary was - "disgusting".
Wrote long email to hotel management to complain and never heard back a word. So much for the "family run" service.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Seminole, Florida
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Good location just off interstate, near major restaraunts, good value for area. Microwave and refrigerator, king bed extra but worth the price, two queens are regular price. Would recommend this for an overnight stay.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $10 for a king bed rather then two small queens.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ruskin, Florida
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Would stop here anytime. Very Clean. Great staff. Melissa was knowledge and very friendly. Told us about Captains Quarters. Great food. Smells good. No dust. Would stay again. Great location. Great value for passing through.

Room Tip: Great place for pet lovers. Easy access and pet friendly.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tampa
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This was a great place to stay. It was the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in!! Beds very comfy and rooms are a great side. THe only issue was the TV was not in very good shape. Look like the color was going and some channels did not come in. The breakfast was ok could of offered a bit more and they closed it bofore 9am like we were told. But if ever in the area we will diffently stay here again..

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Spring Hill, FL
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed in Room 135 on 8/26/12. The bathroom walls were crumbling, the carper was dirty. The coffee in the rm and foyer was terrible. There was no decaff coffee either place. TV was fuzzy, worse on some channels. TV Remote did not work well. Bathroom door did not close, shower curtain rod sloped so it did not stay closed. We were stepping on the shower curtain while bathing. Commode was stained, could not be cleaned. Toliet paper was thinner and harder than any we ever experience. Sink counter top was pulling away from the wall. Good rate but we would rather pay more and have a better room. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hedgesville, West Virginia
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have stayed at Whitten Inn, Santee, SC three times this year. Being a recent widow I had never traveled alone before and the staff bent over backwards to put me in a room where I would feel comforable and safe. Now I feel confident that I have found a place that I can stay with my pets on my way to Florida. The real test will come in November when I drive down for my first winter of snowbirding with all 3 dogs. ARGH - I am not looking forward to this, but one thing I know, I will be greeted with a smile at the desk and have a good and safe place to walk them before we settle in for the night. I only wish there was another Whitten on my way back north, that sure would make things easier.

Room Tip: I have had 3 different rooms at this Whitten and all were quiet and comfortable. If traveling with...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo