“Dry ribs, but great hush puppies”

Maurices Gourmet Barbeque
Ranked #18 of 36 Restaurants in Santee
Cuisines: Barbecue
New York City, New York
“Dry ribs, but great hush puppies”
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Tried the ribs since they came recommended by a friend, but they turned out too dry and the cut was not the best one. The pulled pork sandwich was ok (average). The only highlight were the hush puppies, they were great with crusty outside and fluffy and moist inside. We even got a few to take out. A bit disappointed with the meat, but somewhat happy with the sides. Next time, I will go to another joint.

Visited August 2013

Orlando, Florida
“Place needs a make over BUT you can't beat the food”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Love - Love mustard sauce BBQ! This is the best I've ever had, love their hash & rice, hush puppies, everything! We drive all the way from Orlando to SC just for Maurice's BBQ

• Visited July 2013
Beaufort, South Carolina
“Some changes but good mustard BBQ”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Maurices serves NC mustard style BBQ. Whenever we pass by Santee on I-95, we try to stop in, as there are not many other places that serve this type of pulled pork. Not a fancy place for sure, but we like the food and it is special to us.
We were glad to see that a lot of the political stuff is now gone - no Rebel flags or hint of the old south on our recent visit. Now just family pictures. Seamed like a friendlier atmosphere for us northerners, though more bland.

• Visited August 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“I like Maurices”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Always great pork and really good mustard sauce. I stay away from political issues and stick with the food and Maurices always comes through with really good food. One item that I do reccomend is the Brunswick stew which I find way to greasy.
Pulled Pork is great and well done. A true South Carolina barbeque place.

Visited July 2013
Surf City, North Carolina
“Must have hit a great night :) super yummo and happy”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

we thought we would do the food network thing and try something brand new-this place was incredible- I sampled many of the options because we had several orders. The baked beans-great-the macaroni and cheese was perfect-slaw just good-but the sauce was great. I am not a big fan of the ribs we received and would be in no hurry to order them again but the chicken wings were melt in your mouth incredible. The true taste of smoking that is almost impossible to find-the briscut sandwich very good. The barbecue mustard sauce something brand new to us but fell in love with it. Try the chicken and sauce of your request and I think you will be hooked. that could be the key in having a great experience and just fair. Prices are not fast food cheap but average 4.95-9.95 huge portions.

• Visited June 2013