“Back again and just as good!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Captains Quarters

Captains Quarters
Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Santee
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Leesburg, Virginia
“Back again and just as good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

One of the reasons we stopped in Santee was to go to this restaurant again. We were not disappointed. The flounder special was excellent and the prime rib was done exactly right. Appetizers, like the crab bisque, are great and the prices are very reasonable! We would come here again without hesitation.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Down Home Cooking”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Not a gourmet offering or healthy dining, a kinda iceberg lettuce, fried-like-grandma-did kind of place. My husband enjoyed his lasagna, and the shrimp and grits had a lot going on, some bacon and sausage involved, tasty but not typical. Great for families---the dining room was full, and the tables were encouraged to turn. I'd go back but wouldn't order the house wine.

Visited March 2014
Long Island, NY
“It's No Accident Stopping in Santee for the Night!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Good restaurants rule where we stop for the night on our drive north from Florida. Once again, Captain's Quarters lured us in with great food & wonderful service from our waitress, Mary Ann. Loved our salads with blue cheese & pecans. Grilled Shrimp & grits is a must have, as was the Prime Rib with blackened shrimp & horseradish cream accompanied by the best sweet potato on earth. We asked & Mary Ann recommended an Orange Mandarin cake for dessert & it was awesome!

“Best of I-95, awesome prime rib”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

If you are reading this then you are probably driving on I-95 and looking for a place to eat, STOP AND EAT HERE.

I found this restaurant on my drive from FL to PA and was shocked at how good the food was considering the dining room looked like an assisted living facility. It is literally in the parking lot if the Best Western (which is a great dog friendly place to stay).

I wasn't brave enough to try the fish, but it looked really good. I wouldn't hesitate to order it next time.

I had the prime rib and sweet potato a which were wonderful. The salad was something you would find pre made in a buffet with iceberg lettuce.

FULL BAR, which was great after a long drive, but I had the Robert Mondavi Chardonnay that was a great $30 bottle of wine.

Lititz, Pennsylvania
“Good Food and Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

Specialty is a shrimp and grits dish. I am not a fan of grits,but I tried it and was pleasantly surprised! It was awesome! The entree consists of grilled bacon wrapped shrimp over grits with cheese and sausage pieces. My wife had stuffed grouper which was also very good. Good service and atmosphere. Restaurant is highly recommended.

Visited February 2014

Been to Captains Quarters? Share your experiences!