“Best of I-95, awesome prime rib”
Review of Captains Quarters

Captains Quarters
Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Santee
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
“Best of I-95, awesome prime rib”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

If you are reading this then you are probably driving on I-95 and looking for a place to eat, STOP AND EAT HERE.

I found this restaurant on my drive from FL to PA and was shocked at how good the food was considering the dining room looked like an assisted living facility. It is literally in the parking lot if the Best Western (which is a great dog friendly place to stay).

I wasn't brave enough to try the fish, but it looked really good. I wouldn't hesitate to order it next time.

I had the prime rib and sweet potato a which were wonderful. The salad was something you would find pre made in a buffet with iceberg lettuce.

FULL BAR, which was great after a long drive, but I had the Robert Mondavi Chardonnay that was a great $30 bottle of wine.

Lititz, Pennsylvania
“Good Food and Service”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Specialty is a shrimp and grits dish. I am not a fan of grits,but I tried it and was pleasantly surprised! It was awesome! The entree consists of grilled bacon wrapped shrimp over grits with cheese and sausage pieces. My wife had stuffed grouper which was also very good. Good service and atmosphere. Restaurant is highly recommended.

Visited February 2014
Orange, Virginia
“Good and convenient”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

When in Santee, we always stay at the Best Western and eat at the Captains Quarters, which is right next door and a great way to stretch the legs after a day's driving.

Over the years the quality has been up and down, but the last two times we've eaten there (including just a couple of days ago), the food was excellent and the service fast and friendly.

I had the shrimp and grits (quite good) and a really good salad of lettuce with chopped pecans and bleu cheese topping and a balsamic dressing. My husband had the Caesar salad with grilled chicken and it was perfect for him, consisting of a large piece of chicken and a generous amount of salad. He also had the clam chowder and announced that it was very good and clammy.

We will definitely be back when we next stop in Santee.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank MadArchaeo
Swadlincote
“Excellent meal”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

The restaurant was next to the Best Western where we were staying overnight on our trip back from Florida. Having had a long drive we did not want to go far for a meal and decided to try The Captain's Quarters. It turned out to be the best decision we could have made, great waitress, fabulous food ( my catfish was cooked to perfection) and the dessert a pineapple , mandarin and peach cake was heaven. This place is a hidden gem

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Bee1Swadlincote
Lottsburg, Virginia
“OK”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I had a salad with a grilled chicken breast on it--and the chicken was undercooked. Service was OK, but I was double billed for my club soda and didn't notice until I had signed the credit slip. Waitress apologized and offered to re-run, but I figured another mistake by them could leave me with two entire meals on my credit card, rather than just two club sodas, so I declined. Oh well: read first, sign later.

Visited January 2014

Been to Captains Quarters? Share your experiences!