“Captains Quarters is a great place for a nice dinner”
Review of Captains Quarters

Captains Quarters
Ranked #3 of 33 Restaurants in Santee
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Captains Quarters is a great place for a nice dinner! It is Santee's best place to eat. The service is awesome, the waitresses are always attentive and knowledgeable. The price you pay is very fair for the delicious, freshly prepared dinner and service you receive. The crab stuffed grouper is awesome, prime rib is perfectly cook, and their steaks are great too! We've never had a "decent" meal or service while dining at Captains Quarters, it always surpasses our expectations. I would definitely recommend eating at this restaurant if you're in Santee.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

A very good restaurant which is (currently) rated #1 here only because of the lack of better establishments. In a large city, it would be an above average mid-scale place.

Nonetheless, staff was friendly and the food very good. Not too expensive, either. Recommended when stopping over in Santee but not as a destination restaurant. Note it is popular so reservations would be recommended, especially on the weekends.

1  Thank Kairho1
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The Grouper is outstanding. One of the best seafood dishes in a restaurant I've ever had and I don't eat meat. The sides are generous and the bread (like rye but sweeter) is excellent on it's own. Everything is fresh. I met the owner on a Monday, he totally get's it. Fresh is first. Formulaic has a place but the fish has to be fresh and then let's talk. The bartender, Pam ascertained it was my birthday and served me some cake which is a hybrid of pineapple and some other citrusy stuff. I said I wouldn't eat it but she seemed confident that I would. Best cake I've had in my adult life. I ate 2/3 of a huge hunk and I don't eat cake! You can get a couple of the salads with seafood instead of chicken which I did and it's great. There must be cheese or heavy cream in the Grits as they are amazing. Think they're called "dinner grits," don't care, they are awesome. You will never waste your time on mashed potatoes again. Go to Captains Quarters, sit at the bar and talk to Pam. You will have a great experience.

1  Thank 828_Charlotte_Steve
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Guess by the title you know my favorite meal here. This is a regular stop during our golf outing each year. Sometimes it is a small wait as it is not a very large place but well worth the wait. Price is not to bad since it is Prime Rib but have other food too that I hear is good. I just just stuck

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have disliked grits for a lifetime, until this evening. Based on TA reviews I ordered the bacon wrapped shrimp with sausage grits. Amazing. The secret seems to be the addition of chicken stock, half and half, and heavy cream to the basic grits. I am so making this when I get home. Serviced was excellent, prices were fair, and we made a map note for the next trip north.

Been to Captains Quarters? Share your experiences!