“great”

Reviewed April 3, 2013

***********************************************
- lowest price $50
- clean and nice, close to I95
- breakfast was modest and this was good
- personel very friendly
***********************************************

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Neal P, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Santee, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
We Thank you for your 5 star review. We also hope to see you in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

The boy at the desk was super polite on the phone and in person. He matched the Priceline price and saved me almost $20. He was about to charge $10 for my service animal when I stated that this was against the ADA. He put me on hold to confirm with someone else. He didn't mention the dog again when he got back with me. I really wish facilities would train employees on the Americans with Disabilities Act. I asked for a double, bottom floor, non-smoking room for my disabled husband. As soon as we opened the door, the stench of cigarette smoke permeated the room. This was NOT a non smoking room. There were cigarette burns on the tub next to the toilet. My husband has lung cancer. We were too tired to find another room. My husband gagged and wheezed all night inhaling the smokiness and stale BO smell of the room. No goodnight sleep for us. The comforters had an odor like they hadn't been washed. The breakfast was very clean with crispy, yummy waffles, cereal, juice, and breads. Coffee sucked though. Oh, my husband mentioned to the girl at the desk (morning) that the room was terrible for a lung cancer patient. She just said "sorry"....never offering to call a manager. I am now typing this at an Emergency Room listening to my disabled husband wheeze and cough waiting for a breathing treatment. Thanks HoJo.

• Stayed March 2013
Neal P, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Santee, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear, Mfbilan
Thank you for your feedback we take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comforable and friendly accomodations. We appereciate your kind comments on our Rise and Dine Breakfast and Aaron Wilson Our Day Clerk. However we apologize for your room having a smoke odor to it and the lack of empathy that was shown to you at check out. I understand this is unacceptable and the issues will be addressed. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how fresh and clean our great our hotel is.
Neal Patel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santee
Hampton Inn Santee
#12 of 13 in Santee
Days Inn Summerton
Days Inn Summerton
#1 of 2 in Summerton

Been to Howard Johnson Inn Santee? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Inn Santee

Property: Howard Johnson Inn Santee
Address: 249 Britain St, Santee, SC 29142-8936 (Formerly Santee Fairway Inn)
Location: United States > South Carolina > Santee
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#1 Green Hotel in Santee
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Inn Santee 2*
Our Howard Johnson Inn Santee hotel is easily accessible from I-95, offering affordable accommodations in a convenient location. Our pet-friendly hotel puts you within minutes of golf courses, restaurants, and all the region's most popular attractions along the Santee River Valley. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn Santee reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Baymont Inn Santee