Hampton Inn Santee
Econo Lodge(Santee)
Rodeway Inn(Santee)
Clark's Inn(Santee)
View Hotel
All reviewscookiesbreakfast staffgreat stopclean hotelroad tripdefinitely stay here againcomplimentary breakfastacross the streetexcellent staygreat place to stayfitness centeroutdoor poolstaff was friendlyeasy accessroom was largebreakfast barlong drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 24, 2014

This was a very, very enjoyable and comfortable stay. I was impressed with the spaciousness of the standard queen room, (including the large bathroom) the polite and caring staff, and the cleanliness and freshness of the rooms. The room included two living room style chairs, a small table between and then a large comfortable office chair with a large office desk, along with the normal dresser style entertainment center, but all the furniture was of exceptional quality.

I was surprised how quiet the room was. This Hampton Inn is built for quiet in many ways.

The beds are so comfortable. I normally bring an air bed because of body aches and trouble sleeping but these beds are comfortable and I like knowing all coverings are clean and fresh.

Since I my granddaughter and I are gluten free we didn't partake of the breakfast but they had something for everyone, paying attention to details like nuts and dried fruits for cereals or hot oatmeal, or to top waffles. We could have had the hard boiled eggs and fruit but I had already planned ahead.

The pool is outside which the kids enjoyed. When they were younger, the novelty of an indoor pool was fun but to me they are noisy and trap the odor of chlorine. Since our visits are in the summer, the fresh air was nice and there are plenty of umbrella tables and lounge chairs to use.The pool isn't super large (looks like a jelly bean, my granddaughter said) and they have a handicap lift.

We've had to change our pick up and drop off point for the grands and I'm sure this will be our one and only place to stay.

And a Cracker Barrel is just a minute down the street. A win-win.

Good memories.

Room Tip: It might be better to actually call the hotel if you are interested in a suite. Especially if you need it on the weekend.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2014

A great stopping place on the road south, this Hampton Inn lives up to the quality we have come to expect from a Hampton Inns. A very clean, well run place with a very friendly staff and don't forget those warm cookies upon checking in!! We will stay here again if we can.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2014

Everything was perfect. Beds were extremely comfortable as always, and staff couldn't have been any nicer. Perfect stop over when traveling from NJ to FL to take our daughter to college. Can't say a bad word about this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Jane M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Santee, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. We are so happy that our hotel and staff were able to make your stay an awesome one. We hope you will stay with us on your way back to NJ.
Thanks again.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Driving south from PA to FL this was our halfway planed layover and thank goodness we had a reservation! As we pulled up to the hotel about 6:30 PM after having driven for quite some time in what seemed like a monsoon we were greeted under the portico by a staff member asking if we had a reservation as the hotel was full. Thankfully we did but it was raining so hard we didn't even get our luggage out of the car and headed to dinner instead. There was a pull cart available when we returned. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The refrigerator was slightly larger than those found in typical hotel rooms. The bed was comfortable. The staff was mostly friendly especially those in the breakfast area. The breakfast was hot and very good with enough choices for even the pickiest eater.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anne M
Jane M, General Manager at Hampton Inn Santee, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2014

Wow! What an evening you had. I am so glad that you stayed with us and that we were able to meet all of your hotel needs. Thank you for the wonderful comments on our breakfast staff and the items that we have to offer. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Everything about my stay was great. The accommodations, complimentary breakfast and internet access off the lobby. I did not use the fitness center but was impressed with the equipment they had. All of the staff that I spoke to were extremely nice and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We are thrilled to know that our renovations and expansion of our exercise room caught your eye. We have upgraded our breakfast items and internet as well and are glad you were able to experience those. We hope you will return soon and enjoy another great stay with us.