“The advertised hot tub is no longer there. My kids were very disappointed!”
Review of Hampton Inn Santee

Hampton Inn Santee
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Santee
Lakewood, New York, United States
“The advertised hot tub is no longer there. My kids were very disappointed!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Overall, the hotel was just ok. We drove 12 hours and stopped here for the night before heading on to stay at a really nice Hampton in Florida. The website advertised an indoor hot tub. I even called the 1-800 hampton number to confirm. When we got there, they told me they replaced the hot tub with more treadmills. My children (who were excited all day to get out of the car, and go in the hot tub) were very disappointed. We got no apology or explanation. I asked the desk clerk if we could switch to a room with a jacuzzi in it. She said she would check, but didn't get back to us.

2 Thank LeslieCh125
Dale J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Santee, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am so sorry that you came here thinking we have a hot tub. We closed it in March of 2012 and we started removing advertising for it in the fall of 2011, in an effort to get it off all our advertising. I am so sorry that it ruined your stay with us. We sincerely want every guest to leave here satisfied so that they will come back. I would love to discuss this with you by either phone or email if it would not be an inconvenience for you to get in touch with me. Thank you again for bringing this to my attention.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
winslow
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We also reserved one night, March 31, while traveling from Florida. Great stay! Clean, comfortable, fantastic staff. We arrived very late after a long day on the road for our guaranteed reservation and were greeted by a friendly face and quick, easy check-in, I really felt bad for the people being turned away because there were no vacancies!

The breakfast was also good, well stocked, appetizing offerings and very clean. The women who take care of this area were wonderful.

We have had some dreadful experiences with accommodations when we make this trip each year, we will make sure we book here in the future!

Room Tip: If traveling during spring break or busy vacation times, make sure you have a reservation!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dale J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Santee, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
We are so glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for the great review you took the time to write. We will look forward to seeing you again in the future. Thanks again.
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

We spent 2 nights here recently due to its close proximity to several state parks and other must see destinations. The staff was very friendly and the rooms were great. The only negative was the cleaning staff starting so early. It was difficult to sleep beyond 8:00 because the hallway was loud with knocking and doors opening/shutting. Other than that, a perfect place to stay!

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel. We sincerely appreciate it and appreciate you choosing us. I am so glad to know that you enjoyed your stay.
Thanks again.
Ohio
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Reserved a room for one night on trip home from Florida. I typically do not care for hotels, but found this one to be welcoming, comfortable, clean, and a great value. It was late and we were exhausted, so the very friendly and helpful check-in was appreciated. We were relieved to find a really clean room that was everything we needed and more - fabulous comfy beds! Received a wake-up call as requested and enjoyed a wonderful breakfast before going back on the road. Check-out was also friendly. The entire staff should be commended for a job well done. If you are looking for a great place to stay in the area, this is it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dale J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Santee, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review of our hotel and staff. I am so glad you were comfortable and enjoyed the breakfast before getting back on the road. We will look forward to seeing you again if you travel this way.
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed April 1, 2013

What a great hotel! Super clean! So nice to know I am not sleeping with a blanket that someone else used! Breakfast was more than adequate. I am sorry I don't know the name of the woman who was taking care of the breakfast room, but she was very nice, very friendly and extremely efficient! Definitely worth the extra few dollars to be this comfortable away from home. Thank you!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dale J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Santee, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review. I will definately tell Beverly about the nice things you said about her and the breakfast. We hope to see you again in the future.
Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Checked in at 9 pm during spring break return from FL. So thankful to have made reservation that morn as someone else was turned away as hotel was booked. Wonderful clean room. Very helpful check-in. Fabulous breakfast with a large lovely eating area. Got on the road with full, happy bellies and feeling rested.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I am so glad that our hotel met your needs and that you enjoyed your stay. My staff and I will be looking forward to your next visit. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review.
Yorktown, Virginia
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We drove late in to Santee after driving 6 straight hours to spend the night, checked in with very friendly staff. We felt welcomed as she offered us chocolate chip cookies. The room was clean and fresh...we did notice some remodeling around the hotel, but the place still looked clean and organized!! Breakfast was excellent...I enjoyed the oatmeal with toppings of cranberry and raisins as well as walnuts as choices....muffins...bagels....cereal....sausage and country fried potatoes and an omelett was a hit with my husband. Thank you ladies for a great start to our morning....We will be returning during our future trips on I-95....a perfect stay!!

Room Tip: Perfect location off I 95. We felt safe and at ease....
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dale J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Santee, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
My staff and I sincerely thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and our breakfast. We will certainly look forward to having you stay with us again in the future. Thanks again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Santee
Best Western Plus Santee Inn
Hampton Inn Manning
#1 of 7 in Manning
Howard Johnson Inn Santee
Hampton Inn & Suites Orangeburg

Been to Hampton Inn Santee? Share your experiences!