“Absolutely wonderful experience with Kay on beautiful Lake Jocassee” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jocassee Lake Tours

Jocassee Lake Tours
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Absolutely wonderful experience with Kay on beautiful Lake Jocassee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2014

Cannot say enough good things about our evening boat tour with Kay last Saturday. The lake itself is totally incredible, but the lasting impression was really made by Kay, who personalized our tour to meet our needs, and whose passion for the care and conservation of this pristine lake is obvious with every sentence she speaks. This was much more than a boat tour...it felt like Kay was sharing a piece of herself with us. She is so knowledgeable about the history of the lake, and I especially loved the little details she added...like identifying plant life/trees along the shoreline, and telling us how they change throughout the seasons.
My kids were thrilled to swim behind and through a waterfall, and try out some serious cliff jumping. I so look forward to doing this tour again very soon, and we will definitely be coming back in the fall for the autumn leaves that Kay promised us are spectacular!! I recommend this tour to everyone, of any age. In fact, I think that anyone who visits Lake Jocassee should take this tour. You will see the lake in a very different and more intimate way afterwards, I promise.
Thanks, Kay and Brooks! You gave me and my family a wonderful birthday present we will never forget!!
We will be back soon!!

2 Thank BabyRuth3911

Vero Beach, Florida, United States
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“"Highlight of my summer!"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

The title is a direct quote from my 10-year-old son. We just spent the morning touring Lake Jocassee with Kay as our guide. Kay was thoughtful and knowledgeable not only about the history of the lake, but of the flora and fauna as well. She first took us across the lake to what felt like our own private beach for a little snorkeling, diving off a rock and climbing up a white, sandy cliff. We thought that was fun, but had no idea the real fun was yet to come. Next stop was a series of waterfalls from the Thompson River. This is where it got exciting! We hiked up a short distance and then climbed huge rocks alongside the waterfalls - intermittently swimming, hiking and relaxing. It got a little scary at moments, but Kay was careful, yet adventurous. I would never have done something like that on my own. It was great to have her go first! She was also quick to point out an interesting fern or mushroom. It was wonderful to see this part of our country with someone who so clearly loves and respects the land. I highly recommend this tour to families who like to do active, cool things with their children!

1 Thank Lenora R
Orlando, Florida
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Lake tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Highlight of our trip. Breathtaking scenary, friendly people and just plain awesome! The boat stops and gives you the chance to swim through several waterfalls and water covered with floating flowers ( magnolias? ). Worth every penny and although scheduled for 3 hours, we actually were out for 3 and one half hours. Even owner/operators' dog joined us and was friendly to all. This is scenary you will always remember, but bring your camera anyway.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank apearl41
Hinsdale, Illinois
157 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 143 helpful votes
“Great tour and over 8 mile hike”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014

Brooks and Kathy took our Cliffs group on a great tour of Lake Jocassee and gave us a little bit of history and knowledge along the way. We were dropped of at Horse pasture bridge (?) and hiked for over 8 miles (just over 4 hours) on an easy to moderate (for regular hikers) or moderate (for new hikers). They picked us up and had lunch(we were able to order a gluten and dairy free lunch) and were then taken to a remote area to swim in the crystal clear water. Although it was hot, the path was fully shaded. Make sure to wear bug spray if bugs love you like the love me. It was a wonderful tour and hike!

2 Thank kenapastore
Canton, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Most beautiful lake in the east!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

Jocassee Lake Tours and Meetup organized a camping trip, lake tour and hike for us over a weekend. The scenery was gorgeous, the hike was one of the best and Brooks was such an entertaining guide who truly loves the lake. He knows so much of the history of the area which made the tour really interesting besides being the most beautiful lake in the East!

Visited April 2014