“NOT CUSTOMER FRIENDLY”

Quality Inn St. Helena
Grove City
“NOT CUSTOMER FRIENDLY”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed at this hotel on the 19th and 20th of November, 2013. I had driven from Columbus, Ohio. I asked for a room in the back, away from the road. The clerk, an older man, told me he didn't think those rooms had been cleaned. He invited me to accompany him to the back to see if anything was available. We found the first two rooms we looked at to be ready for check-in. we returned to the office, and after several minutes of computer work, he told me, I could not have those rooms because I had prepaid, and gotten a very good deal. He told me if my concern was noise, I would not be disturbed. I was tired from my trip, I accepted the roadside room. That nite was fine, but next day a semi truck came into the hotel parking lot to make a delivery to the restaurant out front. It did indeed wake my wife and I. That nite, a couple of families rented the rooms next to us and made quite a bit of noise until 11:30 pm. If only hotel people would consider simple requests from their guests. To my knowledge, the hotel never rented out those rooms that I thought for a moment might be mine for those two nights. I would not have been disturbed at all, and the hotel would not have been out a single cent. And I would not be writing this review. The hotel itself is not bad, but if you do stay here, INSIST on getting one of those wonderfully quite rooms in the back of the property. Another note, there was no breakfast at all.

Room Tip: Back of property, if they will allow it.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank weasels2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here while in town for a graduation. We were very content with our stay. We were on a budget and ended up getting a VERY clean room, at a great inexpensive rate ($63) and the staff is very friendly. Everything worked in the room, it was in good condition. There isnt much close by like gas stations, grocery stores, etc but all of that is just 10 min or less away. For the price, you cant beat this hotel and Im pretty picky.

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank JN201
Bushnell, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

We were camping at Hunting Island State park and the weather got bad, so we drove to St Helena Island, about 10 miles away and checked into the Quality Inn. Our room had a lot of issues that needed to be addressed. The microwave didn't work, no coffee in the room, (we were told at check in there would be some in our room) when we tried to call the front desk, our phone did not work. We had to unplug the refrigerator because it made so much noise we couldnt sleep. Both appliances mentioned were on a power cord strip and kept shutting off while the tv was on. There was a broken,drawer in the dresser and linen was hanging out ot it. We have been to a lot of hotels and never had one that needed this much maintenance. The next morning when we checked out they did comp half my room price, but i still feel cheated. we would never stay at this hotel again,.

Room Tip: My grandfather alway views his room before he paid for it, i might have to start doing that.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank deborah k

Travelers are raving about these Saint Helena Island hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

My family and I recently stayed here while in SC for my stepsons USMC graduation (the hotel is 15-20 mins away). We decided to stay here based on the terrible reviews of other places and the cost. The positives - great shower, clean rooms, close to Parris Island and some great restaurants (don't miss Fat Patties in Beaufort) and a free pass to Huntington Beach ($5 per adult and $3 for a child over 3). Also, after I locked myself out, the front desk staff was very accommodating and very nice! The negatives - a pretty basic no-frills room and the continental breakfast is pretty lacking. It's from 6-9 and the good stuff goes pretty quickly and they do not replenish. The rooms have refrigerators and microwaves though.
Overall, a really great, CLEAN hotel that I would return to.

Stayed October 2013
6 Thank Michellep1123
Fort Lauderdale
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed here in August.Did not want to drive back to Beaufort After a Party Instead of the Crossbar Hilton.Glad it was open and had a room.Was nice to relax and not worry about getting pulled.Will come back again for sure.Two nice restaraunts close by.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank blakes8542
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Comfortable beds and pillows. All but one staff member was competent and very friendly. Room was clean and smelled nice. Great location if you don't like crowds and spend most of your time at Hunting Island State Park. Some guests are inconsiderate but, for the price, that's to be expected.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Brian D
Chardon, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

This was the best place to stay . The room was clean and in order . I got a great rate and the beach pass is awesome. Very friendly staff that is attending to guest needs .the location couldn't be better for me. We love going to the state park. I will definitely go back when I go to st helena and Beaufort.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
#1 of 15 in Beaufort
Hampton Inn Beaufort
Hampton Inn Beaufort
#6 of 15 in Beaufort

Been to Quality Inn St. Helena? Share your experiences!