“SAFETY ISSUE/FALSE ADVERTISING/BILLING!!!!”

Ranked #7 of 9 Hotels in Saint George
Stuart, Florida
“SAFETY ISSUE/FALSE ADVERTISING/BILLING!!!!”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

I reserved this hotel based on the reviews on Tripadvisor. BAD CHOICE. I made the non-refundable reservations online, and was traveling with a 65 year old woman. When we pulled into the parking lot, we were both shocked to see that it was right behind a TRUCK station. I asked to see the room, and as I walked down to the room, I was not real happy to see about 8 shabbily dressed men, drinking beer, laughing and carrying on. They were working on pickup trucks right outside our assigned room. I felt VERY UNSAFE. The room smelled, but was pretty clean. I just didn't like what was going on right outside the door. I actually would have had to park away from our room because of these men working on trucks. I mentioned this to the lady at the front desk, and she pretty much mocked me, asking me "You don't want people by your room?". I explained to her that I did not feel safe, and then she proceeded, along with a man (I assume, husband), to pretty much berate me, telling me that I must not feel fear. The man was quick to tell me, without me asking, that there would be NO REFUND. Made me feel that there have been these type of incidents before. Needless to say, we left. My elderly friend was quite relieved, because she felt very uneasy. This was the biggest waste of money, that I have ever spent. I was not going to jeopardize our blood pressure to stay in this place. These owners/managers left a BAD impression of America's Best Value Inns. More interested in the non-refundable money, then making guests feel safe. I travel and stay in hotels/motels very often. I tell people of my experiences. At this point, I feel I was ripped off. This was the first time reserving at an Americas Best. I doubt I would try America's Best again. I will not ever consider staying in that hotel in St. George again. Rude management and unsafe surroundings.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Jspi5764
Krish-GM, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-St. George, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear jspi5764,

On behalf of the staff and management of Americas Best Value Inn, I would like to apologize for the negative experience you encountered during your stay. We strive to maintain a safe and secure environment. I am sorry that you did not feel safe at our motel. We do not discriminate based upon appearance and have rarely encountered any issues. I am sorry that we could not meet your expectations.

Americas Best Value Inn-St. George, SC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Lady Lake, Florida
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Great price, very clean, friendly staff, updated rooms, very comfortable beds, and handy dog-walking areas. Close to I-95 but quiet - no truck noise - In fact, there were no trucks at this motel. Coffee was very weak and not many choices for breakfast (nor space to eat). But right next to a McDonalds. No bugs. Newer carpet. frig and microwave worked well. Older tv. Has wifi. From the road, the outside appearance gives you the impression of old & small - but it is better than it looks. The manager has added attractive landscaping and flowers and has kept them up well. I will definitely stop here on my next trip.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear PatMckee,

I appreciate the fact that you shared a traveler opinion with us. It pleases us to know that you enjoyed our great prices, newer carpet, microfridge, and convenient location. Should you ever return to the area, we would love to have you stay with us again!

Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 7, 2012

My job requires that I stay over in motels because many times I don't make it home the same day from my run. This motel was extremely clean, even the air in the room smelled good, which is unusual. The bed was very comfortable, and the pillows were better than mine at home!! I am usually depressed when having to stay out overnite, because I much rather be in my own home, but this hotel was like home, very clean, comfortable and secure. The manager was extremely nice and a very helpful gentleman. He even gave me a discount on top of thanking me for choosing to stay there. I will definately book in this hotel every time that I stop in St George, SC.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear BobbieH,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share a review with us. I am proud of the fact that you enjoyed our clean rooms, comfortable beds, and friendly service. We hope that you stay with us again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located across the Country.

Pomona, New York
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I've stopped here several times while making a semi-annual trip between New York and Florida. The staff is always very courteous (they've started to recognize me) and check-in and check-out are a breeze. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable after a long day on the road. Showers have good pressure and are clean. They advertise free WiFi, but I have never connected to it, so I can't speak about the quality.

The continental breakfast in the morning is OK; one can't complain for less than $50/night. You get things like bread, waffles, pancakes (all need to be toasted), cereal, and mini-muffins to eat. To drink: Sunny Delight, Milk, Coffee, Tea. If that doesn't suit you, there are numerous restaurants within a mile of the hotel for all 3 meals (such as Waffle House within walking distance, Pizza Hut down the road).

There is also a gas station essentially on site for a quick fill-up before hitting the road again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
krishpatel, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-St. George, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
June 25, 2012
Dear Spoontravel
Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our close proximity to comfy beds and friendly staff. We will look forward to see you again.

Bayeux
Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

We stay in many motels/hotels. This one was very clean, within walking distance to just about everything you might need. There is free wi-fi and a nice small pool. The grounds are beautiful and the owners obviously take great care of this place. The room had a refrigerator and a microwave, coffee was available starting at 6:00 am. The palms that surround this somewhat older motel are a nice touch. I would stay here again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed September 22, 2011

We stayed here on our way to Virginia. We were tired and hungry so we stoped here because there was a restaurant right in front of the motel. The bed was comfy and the shower had good water pressure. It isnt the best place but have stayed in worst. So if your not expecting to much you will get a good nights sleep.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-St. George, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Dear PANAV,
Thank you for taking the time to share a review with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our close proximity to local restaurants and comfy beds. We hope that you stay with us again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns across the Country.

Commerce
Reviewed September 12, 2011

great rates , clean rooms , nice atmosphere!! older motel but great value for $35.00 truck parking, friendly owners, great chinese across street,free wifi,

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Jigna P, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-St. George, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments about your stay with us. We appreciate your kind words and certainly hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Management
Best Western Plus Santee Inn
Econo Lodge Walterboro
Econo Lodge Walterboro
#1 of 17 in Walterboro

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-St. George? Share your experiences!