“DUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Saint George
Roanoke, Virginia
“DUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed October 20, 2010

This was one of the worst hotels we have ever encountered... hairs in bed, nasty floors, pillows from 1970, and a tub that was literally black from filth. RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Irie2007_10

altoona
Reviewed June 9, 2010

After four calls to the office and a visit from the local police, We had to leave at 3:30 in the morning. They had three busloads of people "that come here every year and always do this" who would not quiet down. (We have stayed in hundreds of hotel through the years, and this was the first time we ever checked out in the middle of the night) NO refund.... told the manager we would call Days Inn... he laughed and said "good luck with that"

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank aca32

Travelers are raving about these Saint George hotels

las vegas
Reviewed November 30, 2009

Came to the City for a soccer tournament. Our entire team of 10 year old girls with their families stayed at this hotel and all were EXTREMELY disappointed and disgusted. I paid for Thurs. (Thanksgiving) so that I could check in first thing Fri. morning since check in insn't til 2pm. The lady at the desk was on a personal call and acted so annoyed that I was interupting. It was 9am and she was refusing to help me because it was before 2pm. I tried to explain that I had paid. Acting annoyed she asked me what my room number was. How the heck was I suppose to know.. that is why I was checking in. Duh! The room was old and smelled dirty. The grout on the bathroom tile was black. Within a couple hours my white socks were completely black. When I turned the bed down to climb in, there was a dead fly! If my kids wer enot already sleeping on top of the comforter, I would have marched to the office and checked out. My friend who was staying in the next room, found a dirty baby bottle under the bed and had similar complaints about filth. It was a horrible experience!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed November 29, 2009

i wish i looked this place up on trip advisor before we stayed here. i have to agree with most of the reviews, this place was nasty. the doors didnt lock, the bathroom was dirty, the bed was also dirty and we woke up the next morning with bug bites......flees?....bed bugs?....... the heater didnt work (was cold when we checked in), smelled like something was burning. the tv did work but the clock radio didnt, had to use our cell phones for alarm. the room also had a strange chemical smell to it, but got use to it after a awhile.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Delaware, Ohio
Reviewed March 16, 2008

This was just awful!

We were driving until midnight and just wanted to let our kids sleep for a few hours before heading on to Savannah GA.
HOWEVER!
When we got there they were very upset that they had to take time out of their conversations to even give us a room! I really wish that had just kept that room...!

We opened the door and the smell almost made our 10 year old VOMIT!
Our 14 year old noticed the ceiling was falling in, the TV did not work (I am guessing that was due to the water flowing...FLOWING down the wall!) the carpet was worse!

We went to the front desk to ask for another room, she seemed surprised that we did not like that room. They moved us about 30 minutes later. The whole time my kids were in the car sleeping with my husband.

The next morning was even better!

We went to check out 7:45 AM sharp, no food was out. But the best part was that the manager/owner was in the lobby YELLING at the cleaning crew for being late. LATE I do not think they were ever their at all!

Called Days Inn they really did not seem to care at all!

• Liked — NOTHING
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING
  • Stayed March 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank Cobrle3
Dallas, TX
Reviewed November 14, 2007

Where do I start? The wifi was UNBELIEVABLY SLOW (Remember dial-up in the evenings when everyone was online? Cut the speed in half.), the ice machine was broken, shower water was lukewarm, no iron/ironing board, the hair dryer died, air conditioning was VERY noisy, the toilet paper holder was coming off the wall, there was a huge crack in the ceiling, the room was small, the CBS tv channel had picture but no sound, and (last but not least) I listened to loud trains all night long through paper thin walls.

If this room only cost $20 night, I might recommend it....but at $45 night, it might be termed highway robbery. Go elsewhere.

• Liked — The beds were OK.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank antq
Wheeling, West Virginia
Reviewed October 10, 2007

Keep on driving past this one. We had two rooms in our traveling party. Like the other reviews stated and WE argree, Looks good from the road at night when your tired and ready to quit driving for the night, but beyond that...... refer to first sentence of this review. There is a Comfort Inn at this exit too try that, at day light before we hit the road we took at look at it... Looks alot better. This Days Inn is bad, rooms stink, furniture is old and dingy. Walls are a mess and the bathrooms are a mess. I didn't leave anything on the floor and left my shoes near my bed. Noisey with people walking outside my door and interstate traffic. If only I hadn't been so darn tired from driving. I wrote Days Inn, they wrote back and apoligized, but they still didn't change the motel. We didn't really sleep all that well and ended up leaving as soon as all of us got up.... which was alot earlier than scheduled.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — stinks... dirty
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
Best Western Plus Santee Inn
Sleep Inn
Sleep Inn
#10 of 17 in Walterboro

Been to Days Inn St. George? Share your experiences!