“I don't recommend!”
Review of Days Inn St George

Days Inn St George
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Saint George
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We stopped here at 2:00 a.m., traveling from Florida to New Jersey. I was traveling with my wife, 11 month old son, and dog. We decided to stop because my son had enough traveling in his car seat for one day. When trying to get a room, the front desk staff member was very nice, however, I had to complete this process outside through a tiny window you would find in most unsafe neighborhood corner stores! This left me feeling uneasy as I was holding my son and constantly looking over my shoulder! The room was old and dirty and had a horrible smell! The bathrooms were white 20 years ago but are now grey/black with dirt stains, we couldn't shower because it grossed us out (room 125). If it wasn't 2 a.m., we would have left! The bed felt comfortable but I think anything would have at this time after a long drive. We quickly checked out by 9 a.m. and will NOT return to this location!

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Andergoogs

Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

I stay in hotels quite often company book to me here for a week.the staff is nice and friendly and accommodating property is well kept rooms are clean however these are the worst mattresses ever slept in a hotel I should say never slept on. the staff attempted to find me one of the rooms you are a mattress isn't it but no one ever got back to me I'm supposed to be here for the next 5 days I'm going to have to switch hotel

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed June 19, 2014

This is an older facility, however, it has been very well maintained. Front desk personel were very helpful. Room was very clean and with updated tv and bedding. Breakfast was the standard for Comfort Inns.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tom b
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Whoever named this hotel really meant it, it's for sure a very comfort inn, that's all me or anyone else can say about it. It's comfortable, the staff are friendly and the rooms are clean.

if you ever pass by South Carolina and need a place to stay in I highly recommend crashing in at the comfort Inn.

Cheers

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 25, 2014

I drove home from Florida with my dog in early January. This motel was pet friendly, had a good breakfast, and very importantly, travelling with the dog, had rooms with doors that opened right onto ground level. Lots of grass around the motel for dog walking. Very friendly staff. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The front desk staff and everyone else employed at the Comfort Inn were a pleasure to deal with.
The hotel itself was quite good as was the breakfast.

The room was a bit dated but something most anyone would be satisfied with.
However the carpet in the room #142 was absolutely filthy. My wife and I had removed our shoes once we got settled in and walked around in our stocking feet. We both had on white socks and after just a few minutes we discovered the bottoms of the socks were black with dirt.
A glass of water spilled on the carpet and as we wiped up the towel used was just as black.

Room Tip: Check the room for cleanliness before staying.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2014

The staff at this Comfort Inn rates 5 stars, including Reception, Housekeeping, and (especially!) Valerie at breakfast. We stayed on the ground floor, in the middle, away from Interstate 95 (Room 113). The band at Skynyrds Grill, across the parking lot, was playing outside when we arrived. They were pretty loud on this Sunday afternoon but stopped early. (In fact, we had dinner there--convenient, delicious and inexpensive.) In walking around the property, I would say it could use some serious cleaning and spiffing up. Otherwise, though, it was very comfortable. I can recommend the ground floor because you can back your car right up to the door of your room for easy loading and unloading. Otherwise, you'll be hauling your luggage up a flight of outside stairs The room had good bedding, including four pillows and a puffy white duvet. Excellent shower--good water pressure, nice hot water. For those of us with lots of electronic devices, we could have used more electrical outlets. And the toilet seat was worn and in need of replacement. We had a good night's sleep (couldn't hear the train nearby) and an adequate breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for the ground floor room away from Interstate 95.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Econo Lodge Walterboro
Econo Lodge Walterboro
#1 of 17 in Walterboro
Best Western Plus Santee Inn

Been to Days Inn St George? Share your experiences!