“quick stop on our way down south”
Review of Days Inn St George

Days Inn St George
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Saint George
NYC
“quick stop on our way down south”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

this was an average hotel..somewhat clean..bed and pillow was comfy..parking was ample..stayed overnight..no problems for the few hours we stood..busy area to buy food..toiletries..gas..plenty of shops & restaurants to buy things and dine..next door is a small pub Skynyrd's Grill & Sports Bar that we ate and was great..this hotel is located on a hotel strip and was recommended by some locals

Room Tip: Skynyrd's Grill & Sports Bar right next door..good burgers and nice tv's all around
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Dartmouth, Canada
Reviewed March 26, 2014

By using our Choice Hotel loyalty points this was the first of three free nights on our trip from Florida to Eastern Canada. The room was as expected of a Comfort Inn. It was clean, well appointed and comfortable. There was a problem with a slow filling toilet which the helpful desk staff corrected by moving us to the room next door. Parrticularly pleasing was the drive up arrangement which makes moving in and out quick and easy.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Perry, New York
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My son and I had traveled nearly 1000 miles that day and couldn't drive another mile. Having had great luck with Comfort Inns, we saw the sign and pulled right in at 10 PM. The desk clerk could not have been nicer and set us right up in a great room. Both being smokers, we were delighted to see that they did have a few smoking rooms which is rare these days. While I do respect the other 90% of the population who don't smoke, the last thing I wanted after 18 hours on the road was to stand outside in the cold before bed. Though right next to I-95 the noise was minimal and the free breakfast in the morning was just what we needed to jumpstart the rest of our trip south.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Beaufort, South Carolina
Reviewed March 16, 2014

This motel is right next to the I95. I stopped here in desperation after sitting for nearly 3 hours in stop-and-go traffic on the interstate. I thought I was lucky, my room was not on the Interstate side, it was on the railroad side. the railroad is right next to the hotel. There were men barbequing off the back of their trucks in the parking lot. They were noisy until 10 pm.
The structure is a very outdated motel to which they have added a new reception and breakfast area. The concrete stairs and walkways are crumbling and very stained. The room was clean with very basic furniture, but it smelled strongly of a chemical, which I think was carpet cleaner. The bed was comfortable.
The room rate was $79 and $90 after tax. This is very expensive for this type of accommodation.
If you are stuck on the Interstate as I was this may be an acceptable option, but don't come here if you are able to plan ahead!

Room Tip: You have a choice: the Interstate or the freight trains! There are no elevators so if you have probl...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Saint George hotels

Maryville, Tennessee
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I spend 18 - 20 nights a month in hotels and rarely find one that is truly owned and run by Americans. Indians own the market. You can definitely tell the difference. An Indian manager wouldn't know a detail if one hit them in the head. Clocks that do not work, dirty coffee pots, pot but no coffee, coffee with no pot, if both are there then 2 decaf bags and no cups, ice machines don't work or non existent. If there is a working ice machine, there is usually a sigh that says "No Coolers". This hotel is very clean and comfortable and all details are pleasantly accounted for. It is immediately obvious that the the management cares about the guest. I practically live in hotels and appreciate the little things that make my stay as pleasant as possible as opposed as one more thing to endure while on the road. On this trip I checked out of this hotel on Friday morning and discovered later that I needed to stay the weekend. I literally drove 55 miles out of my way to spend the weekend here. Suggestion: If you are a non Indian hotel, put a sign in the window. I'll pay more as will most road warriors.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank joe1724
Hendersonville
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We pre-paid to make sure we had a room along the busy I-95 corridor. At check-in the clerk was overwhelmed by two people checking in and one person on her phone attempting to make a reservation. We requested a room away from the traffic but were placed directly next to the outside iron stairway which clanged with every foot step. In the morning there weren't enough tables to accommodate everyone and the coffee was not available. The bed was fairly comfortable and the room was clean and of reasonable value.

Room Tip: Select a room on the far side but not near the stairs. The Coke machine also didn't work.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed February 28, 2014

There are too few nice hotels pet owners can book. Perhaps the reason is a few lousy pet owners ruined it for the rest of us. To those few, pick up after your dog!

Let me first say to the owners of this location...Thank you for allowing us to stay with our two dogs ($10 ea) and for your friendly front desk staff.

St. George is a small town and there are few hotel options. The only dining options are an array of fast food places near this hotel. The hotel sits at a critical location for pet owners because it is at the Intersection of I-26 and I-95. So, I am going to list the pros and cons of this hotel and you guide yourselves accordingly.

Minutes from I-95
Our room was clean
They offer a very basic free hot breakfast in a very pleasant lobby
Very helpful front desk staff
Reasonable price for the room and the dogs
New flat screen television
You can park your car right in front of your room
Mattress and pillows were good

It is a very, very old property
The walls are paper thin so the dogs hear everything; ours barked
The entire area around the hotel is very depressing IMHO

We would not return, but again, the place was clean. If you have no choice, this may be your best bet with a pet.

Finally, we were there on a weekday and the place was packed with guests.

Room Tip: Both sides of the hotel are very noisy. If you have a pet, ask for a quiet room to avoid having your...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Econo Lodge Walterboro
#1 of 17 in Walterboro
Best Western Plus Santee Inn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Walterboro

Been to Days Inn St George? Share your experiences!