“Great choice for the weary traveler”
Review of Days Inn St George

Days Inn St George
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Saint George
Reviewed March 18, 2014

My son and I had traveled nearly 1000 miles that day and couldn't drive another mile. Having had great luck with Comfort Inns, we saw the sign and pulled right in at 10 PM. The desk clerk could not have been nicer and set us right up in a great room. Both being smokers, we were delighted to see that they did have a few smoking rooms which is rare these days. While I do respect the other 90% of the population who don't smoke, the last thing I wanted after 18 hours on the road was to stand outside in the cold before bed. Though right next to I-95 the noise was minimal and the free breakfast in the morning was just what we needed to jumpstart the rest of our trip south.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed March 16, 2014

This motel is right next to the I95. I stopped here in desperation after sitting for nearly 3 hours in stop-and-go traffic on the interstate. I thought I was lucky, my room was not on the Interstate side, it was on the railroad side. the railroad is right next to the hotel. There were men barbequing off the back of their trucks in the parking lot. They were noisy until 10 pm.
The structure is a very outdated motel to which they have added a new reception and breakfast area. The concrete stairs and walkways are crumbling and very stained. The room was clean with very basic furniture, but it smelled strongly of a chemical, which I think was carpet cleaner. The bed was comfortable.
The room rate was $79 and $90 after tax. This is very expensive for this type of accommodation.
If you are stuck on the Interstate as I was this may be an acceptable option, but don't come here if you are able to plan ahead!

Room Tip: You have a choice: the Interstate or the freight trains! There are no elevators so if you have probl...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I spend 18 - 20 nights a month in hotels and rarely find one that is truly owned and run by Americans. Indians own the market. You can definitely tell the difference. An Indian manager wouldn't know a detail if one hit them in the head. Clocks that do not work, dirty coffee pots, pot but no coffee, coffee with no pot, if both are there then 2 decaf bags and no cups, ice machines don't work or non existent. If there is a working ice machine, there is usually a sigh that says "No Coolers". This hotel is very clean and comfortable and all details are pleasantly accounted for. It is immediately obvious that the the management cares about the guest. I practically live in hotels and appreciate the little things that make my stay as pleasant as possible as opposed as one more thing to endure while on the road. On this trip I checked out of this hotel on Friday morning and discovered later that I needed to stay the weekend. I literally drove 55 miles out of my way to spend the weekend here. Suggestion: If you are a non Indian hotel, put a sign in the window. I'll pay more as will most road warriors.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank joe1724
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We pre-paid to make sure we had a room along the busy I-95 corridor. At check-in the clerk was overwhelmed by two people checking in and one person on her phone attempting to make a reservation. We requested a room away from the traffic but were placed directly next to the outside iron stairway which clanged with every foot step. In the morning there weren't enough tables to accommodate everyone and the coffee was not available. The bed was fairly comfortable and the room was clean and of reasonable value.

Room Tip: Select a room on the far side but not near the stairs. The Coke machine also didn't work.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2014

There are too few nice hotels pet owners can book. Perhaps the reason is a few lousy pet owners ruined it for the rest of us. To those few, pick up after your dog!

Let me first say to the owners of this location...Thank you for allowing us to stay with our two dogs ($10 ea) and for your friendly front desk staff.

St. George is a small town and there are few hotel options. The only dining options are an array of fast food places near this hotel. The hotel sits at a critical location for pet owners because it is at the Intersection of I-26 and I-95. So, I am going to list the pros and cons of this hotel and you guide yourselves accordingly.

Minutes from I-95
Our room was clean
They offer a very basic free hot breakfast in a very pleasant lobby
Very helpful front desk staff
Reasonable price for the room and the dogs
New flat screen television
You can park your car right in front of your room
Mattress and pillows were good

It is a very, very old property
The walls are paper thin so the dogs hear everything; ours barked
The entire area around the hotel is very depressing IMHO

We would not return, but again, the place was clean. If you have no choice, this may be your best bet with a pet.

Finally, we were there on a weekday and the place was packed with guests.

Room Tip: Both sides of the hotel are very noisy. If you have a pet, ask for a quiet room to avoid having your...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

We stopped enroute to
Fla when we made it farther than expected. Easy access to 95, comfy beds, clean room, even a
Flat screen tv. Nice bar (skynards) next door where we got good salads and beers and enjoyed a few talented guitar players....on a
Tuesday night. good continental breakfast and very pleasant staff. Tip: try to
Book left side of
Motel to avoid road noise. We were on the road side but were too tired to be bothered.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bikerPa
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Beds comfortable. Room was clean and neat. Breakfast was usual fare. Staff was very friendly. Older hotel in truck stop area. Very loud both outside and inside. TV remote would only turn the set off and on. Had to put in individual channels. .. unable to scroll through them.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Econo Lodge Walterboro
Econo Lodge Walterboro
#1 of 17 in Walterboro
Best Western Plus Santee Inn

Been to Days Inn St George? Share your experiences!