“What a great surprise!”
Review of Fratello's - CLOSED

Fratello's
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed March 17, 2014

This is what we hoped to find - a nondescript outside with basic inside and terrific food! Calamari was lightly breaded and soft on the inside, with a flavorful and slightly spicy dipping sauce. My eggplant rolls with ham/spinach/ricotta were large and cheesy and delicious, I took one home. Side of whole wheat pasta with a delicious tomato sauce on top. Companion's meat calzone was nearly the size of the dinner plate, great crust, and packed with meat. Fresh made cannoli for desert, and 2 glasses of more-than-decent wine. Neighboring table had a great looking thin crust pizza. Desert case had huge chocolate covered eclairs that we will try next time we go, which I hope is soon. Whole meal was less than $50! Definitely give this restaurant a try!

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I am sad to say that the service at this local restaurant tonight was extremely poor, and what was once a restaurant I would recommend to others has now fallen off my preferred local restaurants. This restaurant has delicious food, but the quality of service is very poor. Tonight our party of 5 waited more than 30 minutes to begin to get our plates. One of our plates did not get brought out with the other plates for our party. After several minutes, the waitress quickly passed our table and said it would only be a couple of minutes. After 13 minutes, the last plate was brought to the table, it was not thoroughly cooked in the middle. After complaining about the delay, the person who said she was in charge said they would take that meal off of the ticket and give an additional 15% off everyone's meal. When the ticket was delivered to the table it had not been corrected. I had to go to the counter to have the check corrected. I have to say I will no longer recommend this restaurant to anyone else and will find n alternative for our family as well. We have been regular customers there for a few years, but no more.

1  Thank Valued C
Reviewed June 6, 2013

As stated by other recent reviewers, this place is no longer a place to even consider! A recent experience has told us even though this place is close by, it will never get our business again. They have increased their prices by several $$ for sandwich and other items and quality is not there to justify the huge increase. Items that were once on menu are no longer offered and service is slow and people not at all friendly either. That is sad, because when it first opened the food, service and prices were fine! Won't be surprised to see this place shuttered soon....

Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

I have been eating here since about 2009 and I must say that recently it has gone down! Portions have become smaller for the same price! I use to leave with a box but not anymore! It takes forever to get your food from the kitchen they get in no hurry to cook your food. This particular visit, their bathroom was out of order (both male and female) and my son had to go beside the empty house next door to urinate! The servers hardly pay attention to you and tou have to beg them to bring your expensive check when you are finished.I can not believe the decline that has taken place, I'm very disappointed and will not be going back.

2  Thank MrsJwilliams
Reviewed March 26, 2013

When this retaurant first opened, I was hesitant to go because it really does look like a hole in the wall. But I heard good things about the food, so I tried it. The food was delicious and the service was good. I took my family every couple of weeks. Over time i watched the service get worse and worse. Tables and floors weren't being cleaned even though I asked for an area next to me be cleaned so I wouldn't have to look at the trash while I ate. It was still there after I finished eating. The kitchen staff has started to move more slowly too. It's a shame because once you get your food, it is still very tasty, and the portions are generous. would I go again? Yes. It's worth the wait.