“Top rate with many free amenities, paid for in the rate.”

Hampton Inn Rock Hill
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
Bangor, Maine
“Top rate with many free amenities, paid for in the rate.”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Pleasant staff, clean, great breakfast.
Exactly what I expect for this price, no more, no less.

• Stayed April 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We stay at this hotel a few times ea year and always find it to be clean and comfortable. The breakfast area is always very nice.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed April 4, 2012

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Rock Hill, SC last night while enroute home to the Cleveland, Ohio area from vacationing in Florida. My husband and I pulled in at around 1am with our two small children, ages 5 and 11 months. Since we were traveling with kids we wanted to stay somewhere clean and safe for a few hours then get back on the road north in the morning. We felt comfortable with the area of the hotel as well as the hotel itself. The front desk clerk was very kind and helpful. Our room suited our needs for the night nicely. We were happy to crawl into the cozy and clean beds right away. Everyone showered up in the morning and hit the breakfast area downstairs before hitting the road. The breakfast area was clean and inviting. The breakfast was plentiful and filling. The hotel employee tending to the breakfast area was so nice and pleasant and we enjoyed talking to her for a few moments. Just nice people working there in general. We will definately stop back here if needed again for our future trips south. Very pleased and happy and often times we can be kind of picky about where we stay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
NC
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Let me start by saying that whenever I plan a trip, I seek out Hampton or Hilton hotels because I am never let down by them. This Hampton Inn was in a great location with a mall literally within walking distance, and the area itself was beautiful with an abundance of shopping and eating establishments.

The room was comfortable and extremely clean (as I have come to expect with Hampton and the Hilton line), and both check-in and check-out were quick and effortless which makes me very happy.

My only complaint is the way that the breakfast area is set up. My daughter and I were very frustrated with the odd setup. We came down close to 9 am, and the dining area was very full. There was literally nowhere to sit, but that was not a problem as we had an area in our room where we could sit on the sofa and/or chairs and watch TV. The problem was the area behind the waffle iron. It became very cramped and claustrophobic, and we just grabbed a few things within reach and left. This consisted of things such as a yogurt and cereal. Everytime we tried to go to the biscuits/gravy and egg area, people would jump right in front of us, big groups at a time as they were coming around the corner. This is not the hotels fault as there were just some rude guests, but I have never been to another Hampton Inn with a setup like this. It was a tight area compared to the spacious breakfast areas in ALL of the other Hamptons that we have stayed in.

One last thing. I do not know if it was the time of year or if there was an event going on or if it is normal, but there was a LARGE amount of African-American guests. I was surprised to be the minority during this stay, and though it did not bother me or my party, it was very obvious, and some people may find it uncomfortable if this is the norm. At the same time, some other people may find this very comfortable.

Overall, a great stay for the weekend, and I would give it a 5 rating if it wasn't for the awkwardness and smallness of the breakfast area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DanceMom1203
EBHampton1, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rock Hill, responded to this review, March 15, 2012
First and foremost thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I also wanted to thank you for the nice comments on the hotel. We strive to provide great service and clean rooms to all of our guest. I also wanted to note about our breakfast area, our set up falls in line with the new Perfect Mix Lobby concept that all Hampton Inns are going to as of this year and I apologize that we lacked space in that area. I also wanted to let you know that weekend we had the CIAA tournament in the Charlotte area. The CIAA tournament is a basketball tournament for African-American colleges in this region. This was a great weekend for the hotel and the area. This tournament brings a lot of business to Charlotte and the surrounding areas including Rock Hill, SC. I hope that we see you again soon and I thank you so much for staying with us.

Eddie Bosch
Hampton Inn Rock Hill
803-325-1100
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed March 6, 2012

As always we are satisfied with the Hampton Inn almost everywhere we travel. We stayed at this location, for the first time, on our trip to Florida.

The hotel is clean, the staff accommodating and we were both impressed with the quality and efficiency of the complementary breakfast. The dining room was busy; nevertheless,the lady that attended the breakfast area was on top of everything, even offering help to make waffles.

We also found it handy that there was an abundance of easy to find good restaurants nearby.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed February 29, 2012

We recently stayed at the Hampton Inn Rock Hill for one night. The hotel was probably filled to capacity due to some sporting events in the area. The hotel was very clean, the staff was very friendly, and the breakfast was great! We stayed in a King Suite and the room was very comfortable with a king bed, a sofa and two chairs. We stay in Rock Hill often and this hotel has been our favorite by far.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mstallwo1
Pittsburgh
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I travel a lot for business and I usually end up in small towns. Hampton Inn has long been my go-to for these towns for a couple of reasons: (1) There is usually a Hampton Inn available; (2) They are always clean; (3) The to-go bagged breakfast. This particular Hampton was no different except it was even better. Super clean rooms (I stayed in two different rooms on two different occassions) and the nicest staff, ever. I had the opportunity to have encounters with at least two different shifts and each time, the person made me feel so welcome. Whether it was asking for some toothpaste or an hour later checkout, the staff could not have been more accomodating. It is funny how we get so used to poor service that when the service is superior, we are truly surprised. It was the staff who made this hotel great. If I am ever in the area again, not only will I stay there, I will seek it out.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo