“Best of the Best”

Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
Tampa, Florida
“Best of the Best”
Reviewed August 18, 2011

The Hampton Inn Rock Hill, SC was the best of all the hotels we stayed in during our trip from Florida to Pittsburgh and back. We also stayed at Candlewood Suites Pittsburgh on Chauvet Dr. and La Quinta Inns and Suites Charlotte, NC. The Hampton Inn was as clean as a whistle, great bed, great service, and good food. This Hampton Inn also allowed us to bring our 5 lb Maltese at no extra charge and he likes clen rooms too. If clean and comfortable is important then the Hampton inn is the most affordable hotel anywhere.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Drew D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Cleveland
Reviewed August 14, 2011

We stayed here on a trip back to Ohio. Convenient location off I 77. Lots of restaurants nearby. Staff was friendly and the room was clean. Our room had a microwave as well as a refrigerator. Hotel was full, lots of soccer families. Pool was crowded as was breakfast area but we will stay again on our next trip. It was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We spent the night after a week at Disney. The room and pool were very nice - a typical Hampton setup. Our only complaint is the Internet service. While it is free, it is also weak and drops out every few minutes. We were over the lobby on the 3rd floor with minimal service.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank WesNTess
n va
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Located off I-77 about 10 miles south from Charlotte, the hotel is conveniently located just outside the high price zone. There are several quality restaurants within walking distance although all appear to be franchises.

The property is a bit worn in places although I encountered no serious maintenance issues. The front desk was helpful, kiosk could be better stocked with frozen entrees’, room was clean, comfortable and quiet except for the occasional “bark” that indicates the property is “pet friendly.”

The breakfast was boiler plate Hampton Inn but given the high fill rate it was somewhat measured chaos with scores of folks jockeying for position. Luckily it never reached “Lord of the Flies” proportions but the hotel may want to reallocate greater space to the serving area sometime in the near future.

A good choice but better suited to the occasional or family traveler rather than the business trade.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank parafrog
Lakewood, New York
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Loved our room (king size suite). Very spacious. The room was very clean as well. The hotel was pretty full the night we stayed because of a National Softball tournament, which caused it to be a bit louder than I think it normally would be (was not too loud in the room though, and I slept fine). We did the grab and go breakfast in the morning, which had plenty to keep us full. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I try to get a top floor room anywhere I stay to reduce the probability of loud upstairs neighbors.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank coastergirl13
New Wilmington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 7, 2011

stopped here for a quick overnight stay, but wanted to stay longer. seemed to be a growing community with many new things being built.

Room Tip: rates were fare, offer aaa discounts
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Naples, Florida
Reviewed July 4, 2011

After many hours of traveling, I stopped at this hotel at approx 2:30 am to see if they had any rooms. Being a Gold HH member , I always stay Hilton. I was buzzed inside with no one seeing who was at the door, SCARY!!! Then I waited patiently as someone had an issue at the Front Desk. After about 20 minutes, the desk clerk looked at me and said " I can't help you. It will be at least 1 hour, so why don't you go somewhere else. They have rooms at the Towne Place suites next door or The Holiday Inn Express. YOu are bothering me." WOW.
If you want to be treated this way stay there.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank alabama8447
eb92bugs, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rock Hill, responded to this review, July 7, 2011
First and Foremost I wanted to apologize about the incident that occured at the property. Our goal is to always provided excellent customer service and I can see that we have definitely not done that on this occasion. After looking into the situation, I want to apologize for the wait and the lack of service that you were provided but also wanted to say that this was a major misunderstanding. She was providing you the information on the other hotels because we did not have the room type that you were looking for at that time in the morning. I truly apologize that were not able to serve you and your needs on this stay. I hope that we get the chance to show you what our Hampton Inn is all about. I appreciate the information and the feedback that you have given us. Thank you

Eddie Bosch