“Worth a visit”

Dining options: Takeout
Columbus, Ohio
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Spent the night in Rock Hill and decided to try Fatz since they have been around for 25 years and we have never eaten at one in all our visits to the South. Service was friendly, everyone with a smile and fast. We were there at 6:30 pm on a Saturday night and only had a 15 minute wait for a table. If you haven't eaten there ask about their first timers Calabash chicken sample. You get 3 of their famous chicken strips to try (because this is in most of their menu items). Loved the chicken. The serving sizes are large and there is a large variety of menu selections. The wedge salad is large enough to share but can use some extra dressings. If you are going to share a meal check the menu because I though there was an extra charge for an additional plate. The loaded bake potato (with chicken and they weren't small pieces) was a little dry but I think it was due to all the bacon and chicken on it. The chicken wrap was delicious and you can eat it without the dressing although the dressing was good, a little on the spicy side but not too spicy for the average taste. The redskin mashed potatoes were creamier than I am used to but not bad just depends on how you like them. Loved the cheese fries. They are the perfect blend of cheeses, onion and bacon. I think the thick potatoes make these the best I've ever had.

Visited March 2014

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Twice as nice - not”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I was greeted promptly at the door and seated in a booth. I was alone which was no problem since I had a book to read for company. My waitress was very nice but agressive. I was reading the Twice as nice menu when the waitress took it and turned it over to explain it to me. Granted the hostess had already explained this. I let that go. I ordered a glass of water, received that promptly. I placed my order which was Blackened shrimp pasta and Sweet and spicey shrimp over onyum straws? The waitress said oh you really like shrimp. I let that go. The food was brought to the table by someone else and looked nothing like the picture on the menu. The blackened shrimp pasta was literally a joke. It actually looked like blackened shrimp eggs, needed a magnifying glass to find them. I don't send food back, because I don't know what will happend when it gets behind closed doors. Therefore, I mixed the shrimp together and ate the shrimp. It was not good.

Please note I eat at the Fatz Restaurant on Tryon frequently and have never had any complaints about service or food. I don't know what happen at the restaurant in Rock Hill, SC.

Visited March 2014
CafeEnterprises, Manager at FATZ, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Marie

We sincerely appreciate your feedback as we can only get better by learning from our guest. It’s always our intention to provide an exceptional dining experience along with great service and food to all of our guests and we hope that you’ll accept our sincerest apologies for falling short on providing an enjoyable dining experience during your visit. Again, we thank you for your feedback.

Joe Walsh, General Manager
478 S. Herlong Ave.
Rock Hill, SC 29732
fatzrockhill@fatz.com
803.980.6500
Charlotte
“Fatz Iz Fun”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Enjoyed a wonderful dinner here, catching up with a new/old friend. We were new to each other, with great connections to our pasts. And the atmosphere at Fatz was so comfortable that we easily shared for over an hour.

Mattison was our server, and she's wonderful personality. Even sat and discussed menu items with us, and comfortably shared her joy in doing her job. Never felt rushed or ignored.

We both had the Spinach salad with salmon and clam chowder. I like my chowder thicker, but it was good. And the salad came with a nice portion of salmon, cooked well (taste, not temperature). Huge piece of chocolate cake for dessert with ice cream. Looking forward to returning.

BURP

• Visited December 2013
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Go on a Tuesday if age 50 or over!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We just happened to show up on Tuesday but we were met by a pleasant surprise. On Tuesdays they have a separate senior's menu with fantastic prices.
I got the popcorn shrimp and one side for $5.99. I also had my first "Arnold Palmer" mix of tea and lemonade which I loved. My wife and her brother has the Calabash chicken and ribs and one glass of wine. All the food tasted excellent.
But the most surprising thing was the total bill which was under $35 for all three of us!
Fatz has a very pleasant atmosphere with nice booths and a full bar. The wait staff are all well dressed, attentive, and friendly.
Based on what we paid, I could have given it one "$" but it is definitely NOT a fast food restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank JeepLover
“This was an Awesome choice!!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I will recommend FATZ to my family and friends. The service was great, Rachael our server has a wonderful personality, always came pass table to check on us..(with a Smile). Hat's off to the chef, the steak was cooked to perfection, bread and salad very fresh and nice presentation (this was at 9:30p).Thanks for a great evening.

• Visited June 2013