“Best Burgers in Rock Hill”
Review of Sonny's Dutch Mill

Sonny's Dutch Mill
Ranked #102 of 294 Restaurants in Rock Hill
Cuisines: American
“Best Burgers in Rock Hill”
Reviewed March 28, 2010

Every year this place wins the local newspaper's "Buzzy" award for best burger. They definitely deserve the honor. The burgers are fresh and juicy and the buns are always soft. The homemade fries are fabulous and the onion rings are the best I have ever had. We are locals and eat here a couple times a month. The place is always full. The chicken fingers and salads are good too. It may be a little pricier than fast food but worth every penny. Oh yeah, milk shakes are super thick and they throw a nice big scoop of ice cream on top for good measure. If you are looking for a good old-fashioned burger and fries this is the place to go.

2 Thank SeenIt1

madisonoles
“Best chili cheeseburger around...”
Reviewed May 4, 2009

The food is wonderful, the service is varried, the atmosphere needs an update. The prices have gone up in a bad economy, I have cut my visits from 2 or more per week down to once every couple of months because of the price. You can get a meal a Olive Gargen for less.

2 Thank madisonoles
Fort Mill, South Carolina
“Fun place great burgers but somewhat pricy”
Reviewed December 28, 2008

Burger and fry basket has a great flavor and is large. The baskets include fries (extra charge Onion rings) and a drink. Appearantly they have lowered the prices a little since the other reviewer was there. We eat there about once every 2 months because it is fun and burgers and salads are really good. We are on a tight budget so it is a splurge meal. For what one basket costs here I can get enough food at big wok to feed all three of us. I do not reccomend the fish sandwhich it is not worth the cost for the flavor. They have hired more wait staff since the previous reviewer has been there. Service has never been an issue anytine that I have been there.

Fort Mill, SC
“The Dutch Mill should be the Dutch Castle”
Reviewed February 25, 2008

We ate tonight at the newly opened Sonny's Dutch Mill in Fort Mill/Tega Cay and while we found the hamburgers are "very good", the place has some problems. I really liked the old 50's/ 60's motiff they had going on and it reminded me of something you'd see in Happy Days or American Graffitti. The staff was also friendly.
The number one issue I had with Sonny's were the prices. They were way too high for the amount of food you received. The double cheeseburger plate was $ 8.20 and the burger was quite small compared to other restaurants. Just a plain cheeseburger ran$4.95. You would always do better here to order the burgers as "plates" so you can get the fries, which were awesome.I was looking to Sonny's to be an affordable place to eat, especially at lunch, but I do not believe I could afford to eat here regularly.
The second problem we had was it's staff. There wasn't enough of it! When we got there it was quite busy and the tables that were empty, were dirty. They only had one girl waiting tables, taking phone orders, and refilling drinks. We waited for her to come take our order but finally we had to go to the counter to place our order. I twice had to go to the counter to get my drink refilled as did other customers. The food was prepared in a timely matter but the cook brought it out to our table. really, they ought to hire more servers.
So, there you go. Sonny's Dutch Mill does have some very good burgers, but definitely not "The Best Burgers in Town" as their window and menus proclaim. It would be a good place for teens to take dates on but it might bust their allowance budget. give it a try and see if you agree. I would be curious to see haow other customers experiences compare with ours.