“The most delicious spring rolls with garlic sauce you will ever taste.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Tropical Escape Bar & Grill - CLOSED

Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, American
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Clover, South Carolina
“The most delicious spring rolls with garlic sauce you will ever taste.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

Tropical Escape has the most delicious Phillippine menu around. We have gone to Tropical Escape religiously since 1988. Their steak and shrimp kaboobs with rice, the delicious, delicate spring rolls with garlic sauce, the "Villager" appetizer are all of just some of this magnificant menu they offer. The outside appearance doesnt even begin to reveal what an awesome place this is to eat. Don't forget to try their fried banana desert also.

• Visited December 2011

Charlotte, NC
“Awesome Sunday Buffet!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

i have been a regular at the Tropical Escape since it was 1/3 of the size it is today. The daily menu has a good mix of Asian/Pacific dishes (McArthur's Sweet and Spicy Beef, Headhunter's Delight, and their spring rolls are my faves) and most everything I've tried there has been freshly prepared and delicious. Recently they have introduced a Sunday buffet, which is highly recommended. It adds southern home cooking to the mix, including fried chicken, mac and cheese, greens...you get the picture. Plan to get there early, as it's a popular "after church" destination!

Since I am a musician, I also have to mention that they have live music most Friday nights. Tropical Escape has a Facebook page that you can "like" to be kept up to date on specials and live music.

• Visited August 2011
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Try the Spring Rolls”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2011

I almost always have a great meal at Tropical. Most times the sauce on my chow mein is great and have only had a problem with it being cold or clumpy and greasy twice in about five years. Service is on a scale of 1 to 10 is an 8 slightly slow.
The atmosphere is nice with the owners on site too.

• Visited May 2011
illinois
“Must have been there on an off night....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2011

Rock Hill locals please forgive me. I was in Rock Hill on business during March 2011 and was tired of all the chain restaurants so my business party decided to try the Tropical Escape on the recommendation of our hotel desk clerk. Must have visited this place on an off night because the food and service were absolutely terrible; so bad in fact I rate it as one of my worst 5 dining experiences of all time (and as a business traveler I eat out alot). When we pulled up I noticed the place was in a strip mall. So what, some of the best places I have eaten are located in strip malls. It took a while to be seated and the waitress was hardly ever around and I found out why. She spent most of her time outside smoking and reeked of cigarette smoke every time she came back to the table. This is very unappetizing for a non-smoker. Anyway, after we were finally seated I checked out the menu and found out it was all over the place...American, Asian, and Pacific Rim. Alarm bells instantly went off since most places that don't do one type of cuisine usually don't anything well. Looking for something familiar I ordered what I thought would be a safe bet on any Asian menu; Hot and Sour Soup, Egg Roll and Kung Pao Chicken. The Hot and Sour soup was green in color (unlike the dark brown I am used to) and contained canned water chestnuts and no chicken or tofu and was served with crackers??? The egroll was next and I swear it was a frozen La Choy vegetable egg roll. No way that is a fresh made eggroll like advertised. I ate about 1/4 of it before stopping. The Kung Pao chicken had a barbecue flavored sauce, way over done chicken and frozen vegetables out of bag mixed in and was served with a brown Hawaiin or Phillipino style rice. I could only get two bites down before stopping. The dinner took over two hours to serve and cost $28 with tip. I stopped at subway on the way home to have a decent dinner. Anyway, the kitchy decor is kind of nice.

• Visited March 2011
2 Thank joeman123
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“Favorite Restaurant in Rock Hill”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2011

Tropical Escape is a great little spot for delicious Polynesian and Asian food. The chicken adobo and spicy honey chicken are among my favorite dinners anywhere around- and at a reasonable price.