“Charanda's in Newport Area of Rock Hill”

Charanda Mexican Grill
Ranked #25 of 291 Restaurants in Rock Hill
Cuisines: Mexican
Chester, South Carolina
“Charanda's in Newport Area of Rock Hill”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We started going tro Charanda's in Rock Hill off Dave Lyle Blvd, until the new venue in Newport was opened. The food is better and the staff is more welcoming at the new restaurant and we usually go there at least once a week. They accommodate our specific desires and adapt dishes accordingly...like spicier for my husband and milder for me! The management & staff are very well trained and hospitable :)

Visited October 2012

Rock Hill, South Carolina
“good mexican food”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

i got the fijaita. steak. the meat had great flavor and was very tender. the peppers and onions were cooked just right still had a little bite to them. i will go to charanda mexican grill again.

Visited August 2012
Rock Hill, South Carolina
“I was almost arrested!”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Let me preface this by saying there was no bigger Charanda's fan than me. Great food. It’s in shooting distance from the job. Great times. Then I met the manager. This dude had to be the worst manager I’ve seen in any establishment dealing with the public at any level of any business. The following is a true story:
Friday August 17th, 2012
My coworkers and I are preparing for our weekly Friday lunch outing and someone says “let’s go to Charanda’s. ……… has never been there. She’ll love it”. That’s’ all it took. We were on our way. Someone then says maybe we should call ahead and place our orders seeing as how we’ve never been able to show up and order during our lunch hour, receive our food in a timely manner, and eat comfortably. Who knows? Maybe now the food’s ready about the time we arrive, and we still have the majority of our hour and can enjoy each other’s company.
Great idea. Then we meet Eric (yes I said his name). Eric shows up at the table and immediately goes on about how we made a to go order and broke some policy because there was no way he was going to allow us to use a table being that should have been used by his dine in customers. Eric says he’s not kicking us out but we couldn’t sit there (never figured out what the difference was but okay). After three minutes of being lectured on his company policies, we figured this is not going well. My response was since the appetite was wrecked and there was no way I was going to pay this dude ten dollars following this performance, I decided to take my business elsewhere. I’m not eating in the car. Maybe there was a misunderstanding. Nobody asked for a to go order, but Eric has made it clear what he wants. At this point, we’re ready to chalk it up. Hey. You win some. You lose some. No need in this going any further and escalating. AS a manager myself, I probably would have allowed my clientele to eat regardless of policy. I probably would have just mentioned that this was done wrong, but hey, you guys know next time. I’m not Eric though.
That became painfully apparent as I was preparing to leave. Eric tells me that I made an order and if I was not going to pay for that order, then he would call the police. The police? Folks I’m not going to take any more of your time. I think you have a pretty good inclination of how I’m feeling about Charanda’s in Fort Mill, South Carolina. All I can say is eat well, be happy, and as for charanda’s, I’ll pass.

P.S. Just because I made an order doesn’t mean I need to pay for that order, especially if I’m not satisfied with the service.

• Visited August 2012
Blairsville, Pennsylvania
“Outstanding”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We were taken by a local to this restuarant. Outstanding!! My family and I loved it. Staff was great. Food was outstanding and well worth the price.

I will be visiting again..

Visited August 2012
South Carolina
“Not even just okay”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

The restaurant is clean and nice looking. Those are the only nice things I can say.
I've eaten there twice, and twice the service has been non existent, both times had to go to the hostess station to get beyond the menu stage. Both times drink refills never happened, glass sat empty the rest of the night. Food was cold and this last time my taco salad was a watery runny glob of gluey tortilla at the bottom. How do you mess up a taco salad? From now on when I want Mexican, I'll go to Charlotte and Monterey's.

• Visited July 2012