“Spend more elsewhere for better value.”

Baymont Inn & Suites Rock Hill
Ranked #17 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
“Spend more elsewhere for better value.”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Older dated motel. Remodeled but poorly maintained, and not especially clean. Nightclub crowd is sketchy and wanders the parking lot.

Breakfast is mediocre, and patrolled by a severely redneck middle age guy who is a bit over the top. I don't need to know what an egg or waffle is, just let me eat my breakfast. His unusual hovering over the middle school age girls was kind of creepy too.

I'm guessing that management will respond with their normal lines about further training...

• Stayed September 2012
baymontinnsuitessc, Webmaster at Baymont Inn & Suites Rock Hill, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for giving us a review, it is very much appreciated. We are sorry for the bad experience you had. Upon receipt of your review, the following actions were taken:

• We take your reviews very seriously and will take required action for guest comfort.
• Maintenance was informed of the problems you experienced and instructed to see to the necessary repairs and replacements.
• Breakfast staff received additional instruction in presenting a proper breakfast.

I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Baymont Inn & Suites Rock Hill. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This was a welcome surprise as our halfway point to New Smyrna Beach Florida from Pittsburgh PA. Going in I wasn't expecting much, but must say I was pleasantly surprised. The rooms were very clean and well appointed and the breakfast was not your average Bagels and Donuts. There were both hot (biscuits and sausage gravy, sausage and waffles) and cold (cereal, bagels, donuts, and more) breakfast food to select. There were also a a wide variety of juices, coffee, teas and milk. I made the request to be near the pool and I must say they more than accommodated us by putting us literally as close to the pool as possible. We stayed here on both our drive to and from Florida as I couldn't imagine a better place so close to the highway to stay.

Room Tip: If you plan to be there long enough to take a dip ask for room 123 near the pool, although a small p...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Lexington
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Gave the Baymont another chance by staying again on June 15-18. It's a shame, the rooms are very clean and confortable but the nightclub attached to the hotel is another story. We wre there for softball tournaments at CHerry Park and Winthrop College, and had girls from the ages of 8-18. Because of the clientel that frequents the club, we did not feel comfortable in letting the girls walk outside or in the halls without an adult. Several druns were walking around the property prior to midnight and knocking on the sliding glass dors, whcih lead to the rooms fro the parking lot, asking for cigaretes and beer. We have stayed here many times over the years and have felt comfortable beofre, but not in our last two stays. The other stay was two weeks ago. Unless something is done about the club, our group will not be back.

Room Tip: The actual location is convaenient to the interstate but the area around is beginning to be question...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank beachgofer
, Webmaster at Baymont Inn & Suites Rock Hill, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Baymont Inn & Suites Rock Hill for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you have found it a good place to stay over the years. I hope that you and your girls had a wonderful time at the softball tournaments.

• Management was approached about the difference you found this stay as compared to previous stays. It was talked about seeing to it that people were not allowed to be in the parking lot or around the building and bother the valued guests.

I hope that the next time you are in our area, you will once again choose to stay at Baymont Inn & Suites Rock Hill. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Clean, people friendly, a good place to sleep while traveling, not much else to offer.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed June 3, 2012 via mobile

We traveled to SC for my nephews high school graduation. My sisterinlaw made the reservations. My original budget was $100/nite but she was on a budget so she opted to for us to stay at this Baymont Inn in Rock Hill, SC . I should have known better but i was willing to give the place a chance. While my husband was inside the lobby checking us in a few rednecks were racing up the little side street in front of the hotel(clue #1). Then my husband indicates the clerk struggled to understand that the reservation was for 2 rooms. One room for 2 nites, one for three nites. Clerk kept saying 8 days. Once the room was assigned and we were headed to the room the clerk says she made a mistake on the room assignment. No big deal, so husband goes back in to get key card to the correct room. We go to the room no problems. The location we quickly realized was going to be noisy due to us being located right by the pool and the sheer number of kids and families due to some girls softball tournament.

So we trybto ignore the noise level and head to bed and hope the AC blocks some of the sounds. We checked in late mind you. At 7 am the next morning our phone rings but by the time we wakevfrom our sleep we missed the call. Not to worry, a few minutes later thevphone rings again. Its the front desk stating the is an issuecwithbour credit card. My husband calls the credit card ompany and finds that the clerk ran our credit card thru for the same charge twice and the card company flagged the charge as possible fraud. So atv7:30 am my husband has to go down tobthe front desk and explain to the clerk how she made the mistake that caused the issue. He got that straight and decided to let them know about the noise level at that time. They agreed to move us to the second floor after 10am when the new room had been cleaned. Well by the time we left thevhotel at 12:30pm the room was still not ready so we left to attend the graduation that we came all the way to S.Carolina for in the first place. We were out pretty late and did not get back to the room until nearly 2am. Because we had never received word that it was oksy to move to the new room we went back to the original room and called it a nite. At about 3am i hear someone trying to come into our room. When the encounter a latched door they commense to knocking on the door. I answer and the clerk indicates shes checking to see if the room had been cleaned. She went on to say she did not know we had not moved.

Day 3, Sunday we return from an allnday outing only to find that we can't get into the room. Wevwalk down to the lobby but there is a sign that says the clerk will return shortly. We take a seat and wait. The lerk finally shows up and we explain we cant get into our room. She proceeds to tell us we are not in room 124. I then explain yes we really are and that we had been there for 2 nights. I go through the whole story about the move that did not happen. Then she refers to my sisterinlaw...who hecked out Sunday morning, but i believe maybe the checked both rooms out because the were both in her name for the reservation. OMG! So 10 minutes and a lot of attitude later the woman looks at our receipt (the hotels copy) and then finally reactivates our key card. Tonight, June 3rd, we are back in the room early as we have a late morning flight out. I am afraid of what Monday morning will bring. Already we have been awaken early with phone calls, we've had someone try to enter our room in the middle of the night, we've been checked out of the hotel room without our knowledge, charged twice forvthe same room. I think the staff needs a whole lot of training. I most definately will not stay here again. I' ll pay a little more or good customer service. I will still patronize the other hotels but not Baymont specifically this location!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Ky M
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Baymont Inn & Suites Rock Hill for your recent stay in our area. Please extend our congratulations to your nephew on his high school graduation.

• Management was approached about setting up a system that would prevent registration mistakes from being made such as were made in your case.

• Staff received additional training in the courteous manner in which you, our valued guests, are to be treated.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Baymont Inn & Suites Rock Hill. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Travelers are raving about these Rock Hill hotels

Roswell, Georgia
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I booked here through a no-refund website. Then I read Abby's review and was afraid, and even told my husband that teenager and I would relocate to another hotel if this was too sketchy.

The Baymont in Rock Hill is perfectly fine. It is located a block or so off a major commercial suburban road (think Applebee's, movie theater, fast food, etc.) which is convenient, though you might hear some traffic depending on the side of the hotel your room is on.

The front desk people (man at night, woman in morning) were friendly, professional, easy to understand, and helpful. The man even told us a "shortcut" to get to Winthrop University to avoid traffic.

There is bell that sounds whenever someone enters the front door, and the side doors required your room key card to open.

The lobby/halls/rooms were obviously renovated, with very nice wallpaper and carpeting. The bedspreads and wall art were dated, not as issue for me at this price point. After all, we were here on a college visit, not on a honeymoon.

There was a refrigerator AND a microwave AND a coffee pot in our room, which was spacious. (A benefit of older motels is larger rooms.) The heating/AC unit was fine. Iron and ironing board in room, I used them, great.

Only issue I had was the steam that fogged the bathroom mirror - not sure if the exhaust fan should have turned on with the light switch, or if it was broken.

Breakfast was free but mediocre: sausage and pre-made scrambled eggs, cereal, pastries, fruit, but had a make-your-own waffle-maker which kids love. Everything was clean and the attendant was friendly.

In the morning I did hear some people in the parking lot as they were leaving, so maybe the windows could be more insulated. (There was NOT a sliding glass door on our first-floor room).

I understand how it can be scary when there is police activity anywhere, along with noise, but I really disagree about this being in a sketchy part of town. Rock Hill is a nice town. There is a karaoke nightclub on one side of the motel, so maybe weekends are noisier, but for a college-or-business visit on a weekday, this hotel was great and I would happily return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road side.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CollegeShoppingMom
irmo, sc
Reviewed March 26, 2012

i booked this hotel through expedia for a weekend. ratings were good, said it had indoor corridor, looked nice. Area was VERY rough. The restaurant was a nightclub and it was loud. a fight broke out at 2 am, cursing, loud music, cops were called. Cops got the people out of the motel, but they took it up in the parking lot, right outside the sliding glass doors from our room to the parking lot. They would not reimburse us for the night we were there, would not give us our money back for the following night, owner hung up on me while trying to resolve the issue. WARNING: this is a low class motel, with a sketchy atmosphere. DO NOT take small children to this motel.

Room Tip: do not take small children to this motel
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank abby r
baymontinnsuitessc, Webmaster at Baymont Inn & Suites Rock Hill, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Baymont Inn & Suites Rock Hill for your recent stay in our area. I am sorry that you did not find it to be quite the suitable place for your family.

• Owner received additional training in the courteous manner in which he, as our representative, is to treat our valued guests.

• Owner was approached about making it clear that this is not exactly a proper place for families with young children.

• Owner was approached about setting up a security system that would make our valued guests feel more protected.