“Great food, great service, wonderful atmosphere!”
Review of McHale's Irish Pub

McHale's Irish Pub
Ranked #74 of 304 Restaurants in Rock Hill
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stopped in because my daughter and son-in-law live in Rock Hill, and we were looking for somewhere different, but closer than Charlotte to eat dinner.........when we arrived, the waitress was very friendly and helpful in choosing the food........she found out it was our first time there, and when we were served our 'frickles' (fried pickles), the manager came out and spoke to us about it being our first time there......he was very nice and welcoming! (Plus, he comped our frickles!) My husband ordered the corned beef and cabbage, and said it was one of the best things he had ever eaten! I ordered the Guinness BBQ burger, and it was fantastic!! My daughter got the wilted salad, and my son-in-law ordered the grilled chicken sandwich........all of our food was DELICIOUS! We will DEFINITELY be back to try other dishes!!!

McHalesIrishPub, Manager at McHale's Irish Pub, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Thanks for such a great review. I'm glad you guys liked your visit to Mchale's and I can't wait till the next time you come by.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I tried to give this place another chance but I should have went with my gut feeling. Three strikes your out McHale's. Terrible bartender on the second floor. She would throw the glass beer bottles so hard in the garbage and make such a loud noise that everyone on the second floor would jump. Rude and nasty attitude. We wanted another watered down drink just to hang out but she made us feel so unwanted by constantly asking us if we were done so we left and went elsewhere. The food is just ok. My first time there we had appretizers. The cheese fries were burnt. Second time shrimp poor boy which was mustly all bread. Unless you are already drunk stay away from this place.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Slow motion service. The home-made chips and fries that go with everything are overdone, dark, nasty. Bland food. I was overcharged but complained, got a correction. I felt queasy all night from the food. My wife threw up twice. A total waste of time and money.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Great place to enjoy a craft beer, some fried pickles, and watch a football game with friends. Nicely decorated with Irish decor, McHale's is a must-visit in Old Town.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Visited several times. Upstairs and down. Has pub grub. Decent sandwiches. Sweet potato fries.
Wide assortment of microbrews. Mixed drinks weak.
Occasional live entertainment, when Winthrop University iopen to draw students.

1  Thank CMsouth