“Good things in small packages”
Review of Culina - CLOSED

Culina
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining style: Casual Dining
Charlotte, NC
“Good things in small packages”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We visited Culina on a Friday night, and thankfully we had a reservation. I'm pretty sure you couldn't get in without one, at least on the weekends, because the seating is so limited. There were 6 booths, two tables in the middle of the room (that lookedl like they were right on top of the bar people), a bar with maybe 12 seats and 4-6 high top tables in the bar. It's located in a new shopping development, but don't let that deter you! The interior is lowly-lit and cozy with dark gray walls and farmhouse water bottles for each table. I got a cosmopolitan for $5.75 - wowie! - and the fella got a glass of wine.

We ordered the special cheese plate appetizer, which included five cheeses, pita, peppers and cherries. It was delicious, but then again, I've never really met a cheese I didn't like. At $13, it was one of the pricier appetizers. For dinner, I got the pork tacos with sweet slaw (which I don't see listed on their online menu) for $13, and my fella got the Crab Stuffed Flounder ($15) after much debating between that and the Cheerwine Fried Chicken. Mine was deeelicious! However, it was so juicy that I wound up wearing a good bit of it and needing another napkin. He tried mine and said mine was the better of the two, and we agreed the fried chicken probably would've been better based on their "comfort food" tag.

We were too stuffed for dessert, but overall a great experience - good drinks, good service and great food. A much-needed addition to Rock Hill!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Vandelay37

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My husband and I are here for Valentine's day and loved our food. We were a little surprised that the server admitted to the table next to us that she could not use a wine opener. I love how quaint the place was.

1 Thank jessdizzle