“Helpful staff, comfortable room”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rock Hill/Charlotte Area
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Rock Hill
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We arrived late at night after our room at another hotel was less than desirable. The staff was more than happy to show us the room before we stayed to make sure we would be happy with it. The room was clean, the beds comfortable and the hotel is quiet. Those are all things I require in a good place to stay.
In the morning the staff was quick to ask if we were happy with the room (and we were).
This is not a place with all the bells and whistles but I had a better nights sleep there than in places that were supposed to be "higher quality".
I would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had to stay while mother was in the hospital and needed a inexpensive place just at night. Microtel turned out to be a very good choice. Room was less than $50 per night, but t did have the a clock which seemed to be unusual for a less expensive motel. Room was clean and quiet.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 6, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2013

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank Wesley.mr B
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I rfeally enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The location was very convenient. The staff was very helpful, providing great customer service! We will choose this hotel the next time we visit the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I arrive early since I am here on business, hotel is very nice about me checking in early. Great service. First night my A/C stops working correct, Very nice hotel lady comes to my room and gives me keys for room next door, very easy move. Second day, mid morning I get ready to get in shower and no hot water, then no water. Owner or Manager quickly comes to my room and explains plumbers at at the hotel working on an issue. Third day I wake up at 6:45 to a sound of some alarm, thought it was clock in room but didn't set it. Now that I am awake time to go eat the very poor continental breakfast in a closet on main floor. My self and another guest wait at the elevator for about ten minutes on the fourth floor. After walking four flights down we see they put a sign saying elevator is out. They did not take the effort to walk each floor so everyone else would know and post a sign. Now at this time, no one is checking in and would need that info, only the guest staying there on upper floors would need to know this, right! Okay last night in room the microwave timer kept ticking all night long, could not get it to stop. Was going to unplug it, but the fridge is tied into same plug. So ticking all night long. All hotel employees were friendly, except for the last one I saw to check out. She saw me twice, never said a word of any kind, like Good Morning or Hello. She goes into the breakfast closet to look for something, I am the only guest around the area, and I had to ask her if I could check out please. With no verbal response she walks behind the desk and gets my paper work. I don't think she would have talked if I had not said, "Thank you and have a nice day". Her response was, :I'll try". Over all not a bad place. Other reviews stat that the hotel needs updating and major carpet repair which is true, management response to reviews continue to stat they are starting updating, but you see no evidence this has even started. Carpet would have lasted longer in this hotel if they would steam clean it a few times.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rock Hill
Hampton Inn Rock Hill
Hampton Inn Rock Hill
#1 of 24 in Rock Hill

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rock Hill/Charlotte Area? Share your experiences!