“Y regional swim meet”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rock Hill/Charlotte Area
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Rock Hill
Reviewed March 19, 2013

My son and I were very satisfied with our stay at the Microtel in Rock Hill, SC Our room was clean and quiet, which is mainly what we are looking for in a hotel. The free phone service and Internet access were a nice plus. I particularly want to compliment and thank the front desk clerk who was on duty on the evening when we arrived for resolving a problem that arose from inadequate information on the web site. The one bed room we initially reserved with a roll away bed added turned out to be too small for that. We did get switched into a two bed room for a modest increase in the rate. It turned out to be very satisfactory. The only complaint we have was the lack of meat and other protein alternatives to the all carbohydrates and heavy on sugar breakfast choices (there is no good taste or nutritional reason for high fructose corn syrup in a bagel!). The coffee was good though, particularly the dark roast coffee. I would recommend this hotel; one can get a good breakfast at Bojangles just down the road.

1  Thank Andrew M
MISRH, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rock Hill/Charlotte Area, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Andrew M,

I'd like to take this opportunity to say thank you for taking the time to write a review about our property. I am happy to see that our staff was able to help you get the small problem that arose. We strive to give the best customer service experience one could have.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

the suites were very clean. Staff were very friendly and the price was great for my budget. I recommended to anyone who need to stay in a motel in Rock Hill SC. I plan to return and that's where I am staying. THANK YOU

Dear Eliades C,

We want to thank you for staying at our property while traveling through South Carolina. We also want to thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our property. Our staff strives to be the best they can be. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We were vrey disappointed with our stay at Microtel in Rock Hill, SC. I was quoted a nightly rate for the weekday night and then the weekend rates. I understand that they are always more expensive on the weekends but my cost was increased for the weekday stay and even more for the weekend nights stay. Approx. $10 more for the week night and $30 more for the weekend nights.
Our room wasn't cleaned after the first night and we were told that we had to take our own towels down to the desk for them to even replace them with clean ones. At least they could have sent someone to pickup the dirty towels and deliver clean ones. Beds weren't straightened, glasses were not cleaned or replaced, dirty towels pile left on the floor!
The water pressure was extremely poor!

Dear Dawn H,

I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for taking your time to write a review about our hotel. I want to apologize that your stay was less than perfect. The reason the price was so different is because there was a huge tournament in town and just about every hotel in our area was sold out. I would like to discuss this matter further with you on the telephone. If you would please give me a call at 803-817-7700 I would greatly appreciate it.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Do not give this hotel your debit or credit card. Microtel took $60 from my bank account (debit card) without my knowledge. No notification, no receipt, no phone call.
I paid my bill of $80 and found out they later took out another $60. I called to let them know they charged me twice.
I was told they found a stain on a sheet after I left. I have to pay $60 for a used sheet that has a stain that could have come from anyone and I was never told.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank TravelForward44
MISRH, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rock Hill/Charlotte Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear TravelForward44,

I would like to take this time to thank you for taking your time to write a review about our hotel. We check our sheets daily to ensure there are no stains before they are put on the beds. If there is a stain on the sheets when the guest checks out then we try to wash them and if the stain doesn't come out then that's when they are charged. Unfortunately the sheets we buy are made for hotels and they are fire retardant. That's why they are more expensive than your regular sheets you would purchase personally.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

TThw stay and hotel was great but the hotel already took my money before hand and at check in they had to verify my card. They did not have the number to do so and it took an hour for me to check in I had to pay by cash and the lady kept saying ur card is denied I can't help u granted I called my bank in front if her .and it was not down nor a negative balance but it was a waste of time of my short time and stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham
MISRH, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Rock Hill/Charlotte Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Darryl,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any problems you had while staying here. In regards to your reservation, it appears you booked your reservation online at www.microtelinn.com. The hotel didn't charge your credit card before you arrived but upon check in your card would not authorize for the amount of the stay. We are looking into what steps we can take to prevent any mistakes like this from happening again. We hope to see you again soon.