“Not bad, good value.”

Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
greenville, south carolina
“Not bad, good value.”
Reviewed December 14, 2010

This is older hotel in heart of Rock Hill, clean, safe environment, beds are comfortable, old tv, good value through priceline.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank tarheels86

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Summerville, South Carolina
Reviewed July 18, 2010

I'm easy to please, all I want to do is sleep and take a shower in the morning.

I will be honest, I fount the staff to be professional and very kind. The hotel was clean and fairly modern.
A few minor problems that I could have let go was the pillows and the TV that made everything look like a smurfs (Blue). Again, I don't care. The problem was the noise up and down the hall until after one in the morning. I did call the staff to please fix the problem around eleven but little to nothing was done. I even heard little (two or three year old) running up and down the hall way. I also heard another customer open his door and yell down the hall for them to go to sleep. (needless to say I was not happy) but I kept telling myself they would make it right in the morning.

I politely commented to the staff in the morning, that felt something should be taken off the bill. I was told the manager would have to contact me Monday. I left my phone number but he/she never called.

I inquired about the person/family who made all the noise the night before. They said the have had this person and his family staying with them for a while and have had numerous noise complaints (this really made me sick). They have a problem and have done little to nothing about it.

Good luck if you decide to stay at this hotel !

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
MgrAmar, Public Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rock Hill, responded to this review, February 22, 2011
Dear Bluefish007,
I speak for the entire staff when I say I am so sorry for the difficult time you had last year at Country Inn & Suites. I can tell you this: the management has changed since last June when you stayed here (new GM came in August of 2010), and I can assure you that this sort of unruly behavior is no longer tolerated. The new GM not only took over for the manager that didn't call you back, but he has made changes in the front desk personnel to assure that every customer's needs are taken care of. Also, since you were last at Country Inn & Suites, we have remodeled the entire hotel.
Again, we sincerely apologize and hope that you'll give us another try.

Travelers are raving about these Rock Hill hotels

Youngstown, Ohio
Reviewed June 26, 2010

We had a good stay here. Room was nice. The book borrowing program is a special bonus. Breakfast was fine. We paid $63, which we consider a bargain. We stumbled on this after traveling all day and discovered a gem.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
D.C.
Reviewed August 18, 2009

I have been to this establishment before with my better half, and this time I was by myself. The trip was great, and will continue to frequent this hotel. The coffee maker was very important for early morning wake ups, and the internet worked great with no delay! Felt like I was on the internet back home! I always come here, and this will continue to be my hotel of choice when in Rock Hill. And when I over slept, they even let me check out late with no charge!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed August 10, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for the DCI (Drum Corps International) show. This hotel is very convenient to the stadium, and there are quite a few restaurants nearby. The hotel is very clean, and the lobby looks like a home, with the wooden staircase going to the 2nd floor. The breakfast was filling and plentiful. The staff at the front desk both during check-in and check-out were extremely friendly, and very helpful with recommendations and directions. Wish we had time to enjoy the small pool. It looked very relaxing, even though it's not large. The hotel is right off the main highway, but it's still quiet. I really liked the spacious room and the mini fridge is always welcome! Overall, a very nice stay for an affordable price.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Charleston Wv
Reviewed May 16, 2009

Stopped here on our way to Savannah because it is a Country Inn and Suites. We found out it is a franchised hotel. The front desk girl was nice and that was about all. This hotel has very worn furniture in the rooms. Our chair cushion was ripped on the side. The pool is a joke, outside and about the size of a kiddie pool, right beside the ROAD. This is a very small hotel. The rooms and the whole hotel are very old and worn. At first I thought it was new, if it is its not kept up very well.
For a nights sleep it may be OK but a bit pricy.
Oh, and the breakfast was very very slim,cold and not what you would expect.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear DowAmw,
I am so sorry for your unpleasant stay at Comfort Inn & Suites. I know it has been some time since you stayed with us and I wanted to let you know that we completely remodeled the hotel during the summer of 2010. Also, new management took over in August of 2010 and he has installed a whole new set of quality control mechanisms.
I hope the next time you're in Rock Hill you'll give us another chance. We would love to change your mind about our facility.
USA
Reviewed April 20, 2009

I found this hotel by accident when I was driving through the area on business.

It was like a bed and breakfast, and the staff appeared to be all locals, and very friendly. The owner was even there supervising some improvments apparently, and it just had a nice family feel to it. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is sick of the regular sterile hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business