“Always a pleasant stay”

Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
D.C.
“Always a pleasant stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2009

I have been to this establishment before with my better half, and this time I was by myself. The trip was great, and will continue to frequent this hotel. The coffee maker was very important for early morning wake ups, and the internet worked great with no delay! Felt like I was on the internet back home! I always come here, and this will continue to be my hotel of choice when in Rock Hill. And when I over slept, they even let me check out late with no charge!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for the DCI (Drum Corps International) show. This hotel is very convenient to the stadium, and there are quite a few restaurants nearby. The hotel is very clean, and the lobby looks like a home, with the wooden staircase going to the 2nd floor. The breakfast was filling and plentiful. The staff at the front desk both during check-in and check-out were extremely friendly, and very helpful with recommendations and directions. Wish we had time to enjoy the small pool. It looked very relaxing, even though it's not large. The hotel is right off the main highway, but it's still quiet. I really liked the spacious room and the mini fridge is always welcome! Overall, a very nice stay for an affordable price.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Charleston Wv
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2009

Stopped here on our way to Savannah because it is a Country Inn and Suites. We found out it is a franchised hotel. The front desk girl was nice and that was about all. This hotel has very worn furniture in the rooms. Our chair cushion was ripped on the side. The pool is a joke, outside and about the size of a kiddie pool, right beside the ROAD. This is a very small hotel. The rooms and the whole hotel are very old and worn. At first I thought it was new, if it is its not kept up very well.
For a nights sleep it may be OK but a bit pricy.
Oh, and the breakfast was very very slim,cold and not what you would expect.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
MgrAmar, Public Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rock Hill, responded to this review, February 22, 2011
Dear DowAmw,
I am so sorry for your unpleasant stay at Comfort Inn & Suites. I know it has been some time since you stayed with us and I wanted to let you know that we completely remodeled the hotel during the summer of 2010. Also, new management took over in August of 2010 and he has installed a whole new set of quality control mechanisms.
I hope the next time you're in Rock Hill you'll give us another chance. We would love to change your mind about our facility.

Travelers are raving about these Rock Hill hotels

USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2009

I found this hotel by accident when I was driving through the area on business.

It was like a bed and breakfast, and the staff appeared to be all locals, and very friendly. The owner was even there supervising some improvments apparently, and it just had a nice family feel to it. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is sick of the regular sterile hotel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
I'm here...
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2009

I notice this hotel is out of complience with the Americans Disabilitys Act. The lobby door has a reachable push exit that doesn't work.. A second lock too high to reach from a wheel chair locks the door at night. The doors are really hard to open, too. A fire escape route in the back of the hotel doesn't have a handicap ramp to the parking lot.

It also looks worn and tattered. Not a good place.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
MgrAmar, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rock Hill, responded to this review, February 22, 2011
Dear Willie36,
I'm happy to report that our hotel was remodeled last summer (2010), and we are now in complience with all codes of the American Disabilities Act. I'm sorry for the inconvenience when you were here in 2009.
Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.
Everywhere - I travel too much!
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2008

I have stayed at 2 other Counrty Inn and Suites in the past (Millville, NJ & West Bend, WI), both where excellent. So I booked a room here without thinking about it, even after reading the reviews here, wrong choice.

The property is dated and not maintaied very well. My room was worn (holes in blackout curtain, stained chairs, faded bed spread, broken lampshades, black mold & heavy dust in HVAC unit).

When I checked out the front desk staff was AWOL for almost 10 minutes, I waited for them to retuirn since I needed a receipt.

There are many other choices in the area, stay here only ig everyplace else is full booked.

• Liked — I was able to check out.
  • Disliked — Dirty & worn.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
undernewmanagement, New Management at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rock Hill, responded to this review, June 30, 2009
We are the new management company of the hotel, and we are truly sorry for any unsatisfactory experience you may have had in the past. We are currently undergoing renovations and exciting improvments to enhance our guests experience. Thank you for your feedback
Savannah, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2007

We stayed here on our way to Savannah, GA. We were very disappointed in the condition of the property. The night before we had stayed in another much newer CI&S in Hagerstown, MD. The rooms were clean and beds were good, breakfast was disappointing. We were told there was a hot breakfast. The only hot items were coffee and a waffle. Would not recommend.

• Liked — location off of I 77
  • Disliked — rooms needed work
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Daisye