“What a great place to stay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Rock Hill
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
Bradenton, Florida
“What a great place to stay”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Wonderful experience. David the Evening desk clerk was friendly, helpful and a very"people" person. We stayed there on 2 occasions within a week and enjoyed our stay. The Breakfast offered was one of the best we have experienced in a motel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stood here last week, for the week and loved it from the moment we walked in. We have been staying at hotels in SC for over a month now on business and this is by far the best hotel experience we have had during this entire trip.
Reasons Being:
-They have 24/7 cookies, tea, and coffee by the desk (we loved that)
-Home like cozy feel (which is great when you stay at hotels often)
-EXTREMELY CLEAN and this is so important to us
-Rooms are really nice and renovated (you really feel like your staying at a high end hotel with its classic, yet timeless style. Rugs are really nice.
-Bed is the most comfortable we've had on this trip and more comfortable than our personal mattress, it's also new.
-Staff is extremely nice, helpful, and caring.
*Dave at the desk said "welcome home!" every time we walked in the door and was very diligent, friendly,and helpful (he knows a lot about the Rock Hill area.)
*The young lady with the short hair even held the door for us a couple times when we walked out the door.
*The housekeeping ladies here were incredible good at their job, we were super impressed.
-Good breakfast
-Great TV with HDMI inputs which is great for watching movies.

CONCLUSION:
We knew there was something different about this hotel when one of the owners, Gita personally called us after we made a special request on our online booking. This is a family owned business and you can really tell how much these people care about their customers and business. We often saw Gita, her husband, and son meeting in the lobby. They just seemed very proactive in their operation of this business. During the entire time we were there, they had people working on the outside areas of the hotel constantly making this place better. We felt good knowing that we were helping to support a family run business that performs with excellence. Staying here was a pleasure.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
ATL
Reviewed September 11, 2012

If UR looking to relieve some stress during a business trip and work out at the hotel this is not your spot. The first day I was there the gym was very stuffy. Someone must have complained- they added a fan. They had several long mirrors in the make shift gym that you could barely walk around in.

The sleeping room was large, nice and clean. The hotel staff responsive. The breakfast had a variety. If the gym is not important to you then I would rate it higher. But it is important to me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank LauriefATL
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

I was traveling to visit my son for his first free weekend at boarding school. It just so happened to coincide with the last day of the DNC. I was flying into Charlotte late in the day and was spending the night before traveling to the school the next day. There was NOTHING available in Charlotte and I was starting to panic because I am, as my tag suggests, a total hotel snob. I hesitated booking this hotel but really didn't have a choice. Not the luxury I like but was definitely acceptable for the night. Clean and comfortable. I had my 3 year old with me and my only complaint was that the stopper in the tub didn't work other then that it was sufficient in a pinch. Just FYI, for those of you traveling with kids who LOVE the pool this is not the place for you. The pool and pool area are very small.

• Stayed September 2012
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed at the Country Inn and Suites just to get away from home for a couple of days. We are a family of five with three kids so it's very hard to find a great motel to accomidate us . As we first walked in we noticed how clean this place was. The lobby is perfect and offers visitors a computer just in case they do not have one.David helped us check in and he was friendly and very resourceful. I also noticed cookies at all times on the front desk. This was a major plus with the kids. They also had fresh coffee at all times which was a major bonus with me. As we entered our room the first thing I noticed how nice the beds were. The covers and sheets were nice and clean and not skimpy like most motels. Our room offered us a large desk with free wi-fi wich is a major plus. Our room was nice and updated. We also took the opportunity to use the pool. They offered pool towels in the lobby so we didn't have to use our bath towels. We also took advantage of the free breakfast which was full of goodies all the way from eggs and hashbrowns to bagels and cereal .The employees were always nice and very helpful. We stayed in a motel like this in Charleston and payed three times the price of our stay. I would recomend this place to anyone. This motel is targeted for both the buisiness and the family oriented . We will definitely be staying here again!!!!!!!

Room Tip: The first floor is very convenient and the front offers a better view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank leesa i
toronto, ontario
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Rock Hill Country Inn while driving down to Florida.

The rate was good, hotel was clean, staff were friendly and most important the beds were comfortable! We got a much needed sleep after being in the car for 16 hours.

Breakfast area was really small - it would be crazy on a weekend but we were the only ones there so we were fine. Typical hotel breakfast. Nothing special but enough to feed you and get your day started.

The towel rack in our room was hanging by a thread and the fridge was making a loud pitch noise but once we unplugged it everything was fine.

The hotel is nothing fancy but did what we needed - provided a nice, clean and comfortable place to get some rest.

• Stayed August 2012
Winston-Salem
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed at this hotel while in town for a softball tournament. I chose this place based on reviews from Tripadvisor. The front has a nice appearance, with a patio/porch, sitting area, and nice landscaping. As soon as I walked in the front door, though, I was hit with a very strange odor. Couldn't quite place what it smelled like, but I figured it must be their cleaning supplies. After check-in, we walked upstairs to the second floor, and was hit in the face with the heat. No air in the hallway. Our room was nice and clean. Really no complaints there, other than the choice of furniture. They used this HUGE piece that took up most of one wall to house the tv, fridge and microwave. Way too big for the room and took up almost all of the walking space. Later, when we went back downstairs, the smell hit me again, and I knew what part of it was immediately....dog urine. This hotel is pet friendly. There were a few there while we stayed for 2 nights. Later that night I went downstairs for some decaf coffee. It was all cold. They made some more for me, though, since there was none in my room. Breakfast in the morning was pretty bad. Every hotel I stay in has a complimentary breakfast just like this one, but this was just yucky. When I was leaving, the receptionist helped me purchase tickets to Carowinds for the day off of the internet. The tickets come via email. After I had bought them, she said that she didn't know how to access their email, and the hotel manager was out of town and inaccessable. DUH! She finally figured out how to print them out. When we went outside to load back up, both of the trashcans on the patio were overflowing, and drink containers were sitting around.
I don't think I would go back here. Like I said, it's okay to get by for a night, but that's it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family