“Favorite place to stay when visiting the area”

Hilton Garden Inn Rock Hill
Ranked #1 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, United States
“Favorite place to stay when visiting the area”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We have stayed at this HGI more than a dozen times over the last 4 years wihile our daughter has been attending college. The rooms are very comfortable. Even though it is situated by I-77 it is quiet. I can't say enough about the front desk staff. They have always been friendly and helpful. We have been so often most of the staff recognizes us! There are lots of eating options by the hotel as well as shopping and a movie theater. Even though we will not be going up to Rock Hill all that much after our daughter graduates in May we will make sure that when we do return we will be staying at Hilton Garden Inn Rock Hill.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
KevinAtkisson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rock Hill, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful comments and for your business the last 4 years. Great comments from our repeat guests such as yourself go a long way. I will pass them along to our team and although you will not be coming through as often, we will be right here ready to serve you when you do. Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Congratulations to your soon to be graduate.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was in the charlotte Area for CIAA tournaments, had a great time at this hotel...Beds were comfy and plenty of roomfor 4 women sharing a room. Only thing I didn't like is that the refrigerator wasn't that cold...other than that, it was good. I will stay again, but not for CIAA weekend..it was too far.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
KevinAtkisson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rock Hill, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We appreciate the wonderful comments. We hope you enjoyed your stay and had a wonderful time during CIAA. Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn and we look forward to serving you on your next visit to the Rock Hill area.
Charlotte
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on business for 1 night earlier this month. Good property in a great location right off I-77 highway and near many places to eat and shop. Service was good and overall I was pleased. However, one thing I was not too happy with was the A/C /heating unit which no matter what temp I set it on wall unit, it would continue to come ON almost every other minute and it was loud.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your business and for choosing Hilton Garden Inn for your travel needs. I apologize for the issues you encountered with the AC unit. We have corrected the issue and appreciate you bringing it to our attention. We hope the balance of your stay was pleasant and hope that you will give us another try on your next visit to the Rock Hill area.
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

This accommodation is so close to shops and movie theatres with Target and Best Buy right across the street.

My room #617 was excellent. Great toiletries (Bath & Body Works as of 02/2013). Spacious room and bathroom with double sinks. Great king size bed and plush clean pillows. The loveseat in the room was very uncomfortable however.

Hotel amenities were great overall. Great decor. Nice and clean front reception. Great seating area for dining and breakfast buffet in the morning ($9.95 as of 02/2013). There was a bar and lounging area with fireplace; very modern space but cozy. Let's not forget to mention, complimentary WIFI and coffee throughout a day.

Hilton Garden Inn didn't disappoint me at all during my short trip to the area. I'll make sure to stay here again when I am back and when the price is right.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are working hard everyday to provide our guests with great service and a clean comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your wonderful comments. I will absolutely pass them along to all of our team. Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn and we look forward to serving you on your next visit to the Rock Hill area.
Bryan, Texas
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Hilton Garden Inns are generally pleasant and deliver a uniform quality service. The Rock Hill Inn has all the things one expects. You always have to check how firm the beds are set and adjust them since the default is half hard and half soft, but again if you know that you can do it. The staff here seem very friendly and quite willing to help.

As long as you are not planning to eat here, this is a nice place to stay. The food leaves a lot to be desired. Breakfast is usually easy but cold hash browns and greasy bacon on cooked to order breakfast is embarrassing, probably because these are not prepared fresh but cooked up ahead of time and let set. The dinner menu is simple and general good but not at Rock Hill. The dinner meal was over salted to the extreme, the meal itself was under cooked, and just sloppy. I did not finish it and went out to a restaurant close by for dinner. The beer menu is adequate but the wines, even for a Garden Inn were second rate.

Again, OK place to stay. Avoid the food.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
KevinAtkisson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rock Hill, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I apologize you were unhappy with our food. Cold food is unacceptable and I can assure you this is not the norm at this facility. I have spoken to the F&B manager concerning the issues you encountered. I hope the balance of your stay was pleasant and I hope you will give us another try on your next visit to the Rock Hill area.
Florence
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We came into town for a swim meet. This is our teams favorite hotel. The staff is always wonderful and very accommodating. The hotel is newly remodeled and looks beautiful. They have the best breakfast by far of any hotel I have stayed at. The pricing was very resonable. I dont have a single thing to complain about. I will definetly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We are so excited about our new lobby and are very pleased you liked what we have done. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. We are working hard everyday to make sure all of our guests have a fantastic stay from check in to check out. Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn for your travel needs and we look forward to serving you on your next visit to Rock Hill.
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Staff very help had an overnight visit on 2/2/13. My child became ill that evening and the front desk was great brought us some remedies and extra linen. I was glad for the help but a little distracted and did not get his name but wanted to thank him for being so caring and considerate. Would def stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. Thank you for the great comments. I hope everyone is feeling better now. It is never convenient to be away from home and have someone become ill. I am happy to hear the staff took extra good care to help you with your sick child. It is our goal to provide the best home away from home service and I hope we were able to do exactly that for you. I hope the rest of your travels went well and again thank you for your comments and for choosing Hilton Garden Inn.