“Clean and comfortable”

Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Rock Hill
Indian Land, South Carolina
“Clean and comfortable”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I have stayed here many times for business. It is clean, the rooms are large with frig and coffee service. Staff very friendly and a reasonable price per night. The "health club", or workout room is very small and is basically bikes with a few small weights and a bench, OK, but very limited. There are however several gyms in the area that you can purchase a day pass to. While there in November 2012, they were remodeling the main lobby, which was very nice, however I understand that they are going to add a full service bar--something they did not have before. The breakfast that is served in the mornings is very good, perhaps a bit high $12.95, if you are a light eater in the morning.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
KevinAtkisson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rock Hill, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for your response and your continued business. Great comments from our regular guests say a lot about our consistency and attention to our customers. Our new lobby is open and in operation. Our bar will begin service January of 2013. We are very excited about our new look and level of service. We hope you will be back soon to enjoy it with us. Safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Greensboro, NC
Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night in a jacuzzi room. The room was spacious, clean and nicely furnished. The room had both a microwave and a fridge. Flat screen tv and nice bed. Breakfast was an additional cost but the hotel has room packages that include breakfast. Numerous restaurants, a movie theatre, shopping, bowling center and other activities are close by. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed November 2012
KevinAtkisson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rock Hill, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your review and your wonderful comments. We are pleased to hear we met all your needs during your stay with us. After our lobby renovation is completed in the next week or so we will be able to offer our guests a full service restaurant and bar. We hope you will return soon to see our new look. Thank you for your busniess.
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Absolutely the best night's sleep I've had in South Carolina. I don't believe the professional photos they list on Trip Advisor reflect the renovations they are having done, because my room, located on the 4th floor, looked completely different than what is listed. It was bright & airy, with new carpet and a really pleasant interior. Many of the amenities seemed new, such as the iron and coffee maker. The bed was AMAZING, with a variety of pillows and spotless linens.

There was no noise, considering their location is close to a freeway, they were hosting a conference, AND undergoing renovations on their lobby during my stay. The hotel went above and beyond to accommodate for the current renovations occurring on their property, clearly marking entrances and even giving a voucher for a free snack to apologize for any inconvenience.

There is plenty of parking, and most importantly for business travelers, a sports bar/restaurant immediately next door, which was serving food late. It would be nice if they had a complimentary breakfast, but all that really matters to me when booking is that there is a breakfast option at all, paid or not, and their breakfast buffet got good reviews from others that stayed on my trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
KevinAtkisson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rock Hill, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
I would first like to thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Thank you for the wonderful comments. As you can imagine there is never a good time to renovate a hotel. We are making every effort to reduce any if not all guest impact during this process. Renovatuions should be complete by the first part of Dec. When we reopen the lobby we will have a full restaurant serving breakfast, dinner and room service as well as a full service bar. We are very excited about these renovations and hope that you will be back soon to enjoy them. Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn for your travel needs and we look forward to serving you on your next visit to the Rock Hill area.
Gastonia, North Carolina
Reviewed September 2, 2012

When I arrived a few hours before "scheduled" check-in the rooms were not ready as expected. My husband had to be somewhere, so I was prepared to wait in the lobby until checkout time with 2 small kids. To my surprise, the awesome guy at the front desk apparently had my room cleaned as soon as he could because I think I only waited for about 15 min. They did not have to but they did anyways...and I am so grateful for them going out of their way for me. The room was very clean and comfy. The beds were extremely comfortable and everything worked like it should.

It is in a great location, right next to Chili's, a gas station, and a nearby plaza (with stores like Target, Moe's, Olive Garden etc). Definitely a variety of stores nearby. I didn't have time to enjoy the breakfast unfortunately. I would definitely stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
KevinAtkisson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rock Hill, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am happy to see that our staff took such great care of you. They do a fantastic job of making sure our guests get everything they need as soon as possible. Thank you for your great comments I will pass them along to our staff. I hope the balance of your stay was pleasant and we look forward to serving you on your next visit to the Rock Hill area.
Rock Hill, South Carolina
Reviewed August 30, 2012

This hotel is very nice and clean. It is pricey but worth every penny. I just wish their breakfast was free! It was not worth $10. The fitness center and business center were very nice. The staff was very helpful and friendly!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
KevinAtkisson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rock Hill, responded to this review, September 1, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. Your comments are great tools to help us improve our service and property. I am glad to see you had a pleasant stay. I hope it was relaxing and productive. Your business is very important to us and we look forward to serving you on your next visit to the Rock Hill area.
Beaufort
Reviewed August 27, 2012

My wife, three boys and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Rock Hill, South Carolina for our second wedding in Rock Hill in four months. I reserved two rooms, one a jacuzzi king and the other a junior suite with two double beds and a pullout couch. The front desk clerk was very pleasant and seemed to sincerely want to ensure that we had everything that we needed during our stay. They gave us the rooms that we reserved on the same floor. Both were very clean and had microwave ovens and mini fridges.

The hotel is locate just off of I-77 and you could see the highway from the rooms, however we didn't detect any road noise. There is a Chile's in front of the hotel, and sports bar/resturant behind it. Both were within easy walking distance.

I couldn't figure out how to operate the numbered sleep system bed, but found it to be very comfortable. We didn't partake in the breakfast that they charge $9.95 so I can't comment on that.

All in all, this is a very nice economy hotel.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the jacuzzi king suite.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn for your travel needs both times you have traveled to the Rock Hill area. Also thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. The staff here are firm believers that when we hear from you we can only get better. I hope the wedding went well and everyone had a great time. We look forward to serving you again soon.
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Our brief stay at the Rock Hill Hilton Garden Inn was one of the highlights of our road trip from Toronto to Savannah and on to Orlando. Mike at the front desk was incredibly helpful. He had us checked in, settled and off to dinner in record time. His kind demeanor set the tone from the get go. The staff throughout the hotel were exemplary. We felt welcome and appreciated. Thanks for a great stay. Hope to see you all again soon.

• Stayed August 2012
KevinAtkisson, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Rock Hill, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with us. I am please to hear your stay was enjoyable and stress free. That is exactly how we want it to be. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again on your return trip home. Safe travels.